• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Swing pics

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
What do you think? This is from last year before the course opened, I was on the range.

Attachments

• 1454257683400.jpg
    1454257683400.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 1454257712028.jpg
    1454257712028.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 1454257730647.jpg
    1454257730647.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 117
  • 1454257745718.jpg
    1454257745718.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 1454257790981.jpg
    1454257790981.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 112

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Just going by the pictures, your swing looks almost exactly like my friends, especially the finish. (Fwiw, he's about a 5 cap, maybe less). You also kind of look like him. He is always talking about changing his swing, yet he doesn't have a lot time to pour into a swing overhaul. He has a nice repeatable fade swing but he wants his stock swing to be a draw. I always have to talk him out of this. If he could magically start hitting a draw as consistently as he hits his fade is it really going to lower his scores? Maybe, but I doubt it. The fact is, his scoring would be shit until he ingrained his new swing. He's in his 30's, married and has full time job. He just needs to refine what he has, imo.

If you are analyzing your swing because you want to make changes, I don't recommend it if you plan on trying to qualify for the US Open this year. That's just my 2 cents. I say, sharpen the tools that you have instead of getting new ones. Know that you have the talent to compete in those qualifiers and work hard on fine tuning what you have.

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Just going by the pictures, your swing looks almost exactly like my friends, especially the finish. (Fwiw, he's about a 5 cap, maybe less). You also kind of look like him. He is always talking about changing his swing, yet he doesn't have a lot time to pour into a swing overhaul. He has a nice repeatable fade swing but he wants his stock swing to be a draw. I always have to talk him out of this. If he could magically start hitting a draw as consistently as he hits his fade is it really going to lower his scores? Maybe, but I doubt it. The fact is, his scoring would be shit until he ingrained his new swing. He's in his 30's, married and has full time job. He just needs to refine what he has, imo.

If you are analyzing your swing because you want to make changes, I don't recommend it if you plan on trying to qualify for the US Open this year. That's just my 2 cents. I say, sharpen the tools that you have instead of getting new ones. Know that you have the talent to compete in those qualifiers and work hard on fine tuning what you have.
That's awesome. Thanks. Not looking to change the swing at all, just wanna keep it consistent day to day. If I have a small fade on Tuesday, I hope it's there on Friday. And vice versa on a draw. I am lot more comfortable having to work a draw than a fade.

I know that year before last, I would press slightly forward as I start my backswing, and this past year there was no press at all, and I tended to push the ball a bit.
Thanks for the confidence. As soon as I can get out of the snow and swing, (knee permitting) I'll be focusing diligently daily.

When I get to the range, I pull a 6 iron and stretch a bit. Hit about 10 balls with no setup and I don't care where they go, just to loosen up. Then pull a sand wedge hit about 10 balls and work my way up the bag through irons. Then hybrid, 3w and driver. Then a few more 6 irons and sand wedges. Then to the putting green, and hit a few chips and pitches. Then putt with a sand wedge. And finally pull out the putter. Not many puts. And until I'm on the tee, I chip again.

I think it's important to have a groove and pre-shot routine for each shot. Consistency is very important.

My first real test will be the state qualifier for state amature. If I can't qualify for that, no use trying or spending money to try for the big one. Lol. But I got this year to get as good as I can, for 2017... and if I don't make it. Oh well, I tried.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
That's awesome. Thanks. Not looking to change the swing at all, just wanna keep it consistent day to day. If I have a small fade on Tuesday, I hope it's there on Friday. And vice versa on a draw. I am lot more comfortable having to work a draw than a fade.

I know that year before last, I would press slightly forward as I start my backswing, and this past year there was no press at all, and I tended to push the ball a bit.
Thanks for the confidence. As soon as I can get out of the snow and swing, (knee permitting) I'll be focusing diligently daily.

When I get to the range, I pull a 6 iron and stretch a bit. Hit about 10 balls with no setup and I don't care where they go, just to loosen up. Then pull a sand wedge hit about 10 balls and work my way up the bag through irons. Then hybrid, 3w and driver. Then a few more 6 irons and sand wedges. Then to the putting green, and hit a few chips and pitches. Then putt with a sand wedge. And finally pull out the putter. Not many puts. And until I'm on the tee, I chip again.

I think it's important to have a groove and pre-shot routine for each shot. Consistency is very important.

My first real test will be the state qualifier for state amature. If I can't qualify for that, no use trying or spending money to try for the big one. Lol. But I got this year to get as good as I can, for 2017... and if I don't make it. Oh well, I tried.
When is that and where? Need a caddy? Oh wait, your bag weighs about 100 lbs. doesn't it?

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
The first one is on my birthday, june 27th. In Neenah, wi.
A Caddie? That'd be awsome... I've got a few bags. Even a stand /dual shoulder carry bag.

🔥 Latest posts