• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Swing videos of me

zenkar

Jul 30, 2006
Hey all just got done with 18 with my brother and we took some vids... Heres a few videos of me.. remember I been playing about 2 years now and I need all the help I can get. I been shooting under 100 last 7/10 times I played so Im happy.

YouTube - pv swing Driver
YouTube - pv swing Driver went slighty left about 250
YouTube - pv swing Driver about 230 yards slighty left
YouTube - pv wing 3 wood off the deck. went straight about 215 yards
YouTube - pv swing 6 iron pulled slighty left

dukejh12

May 19, 2007
work on your posture over the ball. You seem to be to far away from the ball at setup and you are slouched and your back is rounded. Try to "be tall over the ball" as my pro says. It will help with your ballstriking.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
You should get fitted for clubs. The ones you're using look to be way too short for you. It's hard to tell from a video. Go to a golf shop and get fitted. If you're serious about the game, it's worth it.

OP
zenkar

zenkar

Jul 30, 2006
If I get fitted that means ill need new Irons or do they adjust the shafts on my current ones?

Ill try to get some video of me standing more upright as well.. thanks all

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
You can get shaft extensions put on, or you can get your clubs re-shafted. If you hit steel shafts, reshafting will only be about $20 per club. I don't know how much extensions would cost, but I imagine it would be less.

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
I agree with the other posters, to get the clubs measured, but you also seem to set up with very low hands, which will engage the wrists very early in the swing, also your alignment looks suspect with shoulders, hips and feet all aiming different ways, you whip the club inside for such a tall person, this is then followed by a lifting of your arms to try and get back on plane, due to the inside takeaway the is a large weight shift resulting in a bit of a slide into your right side, then on the way down i can see your wreists uncock early and release early on a slightly steeper plane angle as well, which will cause both hooks and slices.

Advice:
  • Work on posture and alignment, get more athletic and ensure that you are correctly aligned with feet knees hips and shoulders
  • Every time i post i seem to give this drill out, but it is the only way to teach peoples muscles how to not break down earlier in the swing (Put the butt end of the club in your belly button and grip down onto the metal, make a takeaway to hip height keeping the butt end of the shaft into the belly button, this will show you the correct sequence)
  • Doing the above drill will steady up the shoulder turn and decrease the slide and excessive hip turn, also will help improve timing the golf shot as well.

dukejh12

May 19, 2007
That belly button drill that charnockpro pointed out is exactly how I learned to take the club back in one piece. It is a very simple and effective drill.

OP
zenkar

zenkar

Jul 30, 2006
update

Heres a new video after my first lesson.. things you will notice is my left foot doesnt move and I finally have a correct grip (interlock) and Im standing taller as well. Im hitting a 7 Iron in the video so you can compare it from my last 6 iron video. tell me what you think all!! im hitting my irons much much better.

YouTube - new swing

5iron

:) So far the first driver looked straight, with a good trajectory. And the latest video looked like it had improvement , good job !

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
This drill will steady up the shoulder turn and decrease the slide and excessive hip turn, also will help improve timing the golf shot as well.

Oddly enough, I am using your drill to help me increase my hip turn. Eight lessons into my fifteen week series, I've integrated the backswing changes, and look really good from the talkeaway through the top of my backswing. I've been having trouble getting my hips through the ball (leading to the dreaded "chicken wing", and my latest drill has me hitting short punch shots and focusing on facing the target with a full turn off the right side (right toe down!).

Your drill helps that a lot, since it allows me to connect my shoulder turn with my hip turn, and limits my swing to the proper "point the club at the target" position.

Hope that makes sense, and I will post some videos for crticism once I'm done with my lessons.

My goal is to swing like IrishGolfer (the best I've seen posted on this forum to date.)

Lyle's swing is pretty awesome too, and Ezra will be great, once he figures out how to get distance through restraint (and he will), but IG is just so-o-o-o smooth...

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
I agree with the other posters, to get the clubs measured, but you also seem to set up with very low hands, which will engage the wrists very early in the swing, also your alignment looks suspect with shoulders, hips and feet all aiming different ways, you whip the club inside for such a tall person, this is then followed by a lifting of your arms to try and get back on plane, due to the inside takeaway the is a large weight shift resulting in a bit of a slide into your right side, then on the way down i can see your wreists uncock early and release early on a slightly steeper plane angle as well, which will cause both hooks and slices.

Advice:
  • Work on posture and alignment, get more athletic and ensure that you are correctly aligned with feet knees hips and shoulders
  • Every time i post i seem to give this drill out, but it is the only way to teach peoples muscles how to not break down earlier in the swing (Put the butt end of the club in your belly button and grip down onto the metal, make a takeaway to hip height keeping the butt end of the shaft into the belly button, this will show you the correct sequence)
  • Doing the above drill will steady up the shoulder turn and decrease the slide and excessive hip turn, also will help improve timing the golf shot as well.
Dam why didnt u comment on my swing.. meanie...

🔥 Latest posts