• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Talk me out of some new Ping irons

OP
johnnymo

johnnymo

Jun 18, 2010
Mini update:

Hit a demo mizuno mp 58 at the range and pretty much fell in love. Looks like I am back to square one so to speak.

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Well that's usually good advice but in this case the guy has an old set of irons with shot grooves and clearly NEEDS to get a new set rather than the traditional ST way of just getting Ho-itis.

If you love the MP58s and hit them well then I doubt you can improve any - try them some more and if you still love them get a fitting and it's chocs away.

Sure you mean well adidag but those posts do come across as somewhat charmless, loosen up - this is a fun forum.

OP
johnnymo

johnnymo

Jun 18, 2010
Well that's usually good advice but in this case the guy has an old set of irons with shot grooves and clearly NEEDS to get a new set rather than the traditional ST way of just getting Ho-itis.

If you love the MP58s and hit them well then I doubt you can improve any - try them some more and if you still love them get a fitting and it's chocs away.

Sure you mean well adidag but those posts do come across as somewhat charmless, loosen up - this is a fun forum.

Thanks Stanters :) I am going back to the range today and hitting a couple other mizzys there to check them out. They don't have the 53, 63, or the new 800 pros yet but being able to hit the 52, 58, and 62s side by side is probably the best thing for me to do.

adigag, thanks for the input ;) and I am secretly hoping that you not are a hostage negotiator or grief counselor.

OP
johnnymo

johnnymo

Jun 18, 2010
Well it looks like I have some Bridgestone j36s coming now. I will post some pics in a bit as they are thing of beauty.

🔥 Latest posts