• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tanah Merah, Singapore

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Hello Shottalkers!

Just posting a quickie - got in two games of golf last week - my first rounds in about 8 months!

Got new clubs beforehand - MP60s. So with new clubs, new driver, on an unknown course and completely stale off out I went.

Ditching the x-16s was the best thing I've ever done golf-wise. Those Mizunos are sweet as sweet can be. I'm in love.

Anyway, I've attached a pic of the 18th green at Tanah Merah - really a lovely course.

(i'll try and post more frequently again but I'm having to work pretty damned hard just now so time is limited. But i've a trip to Bangkok next week - will fill you all in on that!)

Cheers to all

KA
Tanah Merah 18th green.jpg

OP
Kilted Arab

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Adam Pettman said:
Great pic but whats up with the green? Is that sand or what ?

Cheers Loop!

Adam - sorry, I dunno....the greens certainly weren't patchy when we were on them - I didn't notice anything weird until I saw that pic. They had just been watered so maybe something to do with that?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Nice pic KA. I played once with a Thai golfer, who told me that for $30 he plays a golf with two caddies: one to carry his clubs, and one to watch the ball and take care of other miscellaneous things. He said it was the norm at the clubs there. Funny thing was - he never knew where his ball was. He was so used to having the caddy watch for him that he never developed the habit of watching for himself.

Have fun.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
KA, nice pics - If I might ask, what is your handicap? I'm asking because I'm really entertaining the idea of trading out my G2s for some Mizunos. Why was it such a good move for you?

OP
Kilted Arab

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
bames said:
KA, nice pics - If I might ask, what is your handicap? I'm asking because I'm really entertaining the idea of trading out my G2s for some Mizunos. Why was it such a good move for you?

Hi Bames

You may indeed ask. 16 officially, worse in reality! But played better with the Mizunos straight out the wrapping than I have done in 18 months with the x16s...

Heavier clubs, thinner top line - felt better, looked better....

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
Well, I think I'm sold. I'm going to demo some soon. Anyone want any Ping G2s?

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
It looked like dew to me, but sprinkler water would explain it too. Looks like a really nice course though.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Hiya KA!!

Great pix...send more along soon as you can...

Do you think that the greens could have looked that way because there was some poa annua mixed in with the rest of the grass on the green? Sometimes ours here will have that appearance...

Tell us as much about the culture etc as you can...pix of the city...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
KA,

Nice pics. 2 rounds in 8 months? Sounds like my winter schedule. :D

If you need to "lose" those X-16's, I can PM you my address. (My goal is to mention it so many time that eventually you just snap and send them to me. :D)

R35

OP
Kilted Arab

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Rockford35 said:
KA,

Nice pics. 2 rounds in 8 months? Sounds like my winter schedule. :D

If you need to "lose" those X-16's, I can PM you my address. (My goal is to mention it so many time that eventually you just snap and send them to me. :D)

R35

Ha! Nah, that's ok - I'll pm you my address and you can come and collect 'em...

OP
Kilted Arab

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Bravo said:
Hiya KA!!

Great pix...send more along soon as you can...

Do you think that the greens could have looked that way because there was some poa annua mixed in with the rest of the grass on the green? Sometimes ours here will have that appearance...

Tell us as much about the culture etc as you can...pix of the city...

I've no idea what poa annua is!

I think the dew/sprinkler theory could be spot on...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Kilted Arab said:
Ha! Nah, that's ok - I'll pm you my address and you can come and collect 'em...

I'll pay shipping...:D

Come and get 'em, eh? I wish...

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online