• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TaylorMade-Adidas buys Adam Golf

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
Not sure what to make of this yet. Does this mean we can see new Adams stuff every year? Lol. I just got some Adams irons and I love them.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It means that TMAG eliminated some of their competition and increased their exposure on both the LPGA and SPGA Tours, both areas that they were severely lacking in.

Huge for TMAG, the end of Adams for the better player as a viable option.

Too bad, Adams had made leaps and bounds in the last 3 years.

R35

OP
shep3470

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
It really surprised me. TM must have made an incredible offer. I get updates from Adams Golf and they had their best year financially last year.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
With the downturn in the golf industry, over the past few years, this is not surprising. Callaway sucked up Top Flite and Hogan. Srixon sucked up Cleveland. Callaway killed off Hogan. Srixon has continued to maintain Cleveland. What will TMAG do with Adams?

Some are predicting Taylor Made will be the "players" brand and Adams the game improvement/old man's line. That's what Titleist tried to do with Cobra... and it didn't work. TMAG has the driver line. They don't need the FAST line of Adams drivers. TMAG has had fair acceptance of their fairways and their Rescue hybrids. The fairways and hybrids have been the flagship of the Adams line. Maybe some melding/marriage of the two lines there. TMAG irons have never been big sellers. Adams has had some success with their iron lines, from time to time. Enough to tempt TMAG to blend them? TMAG's weak spot has probably been their putter line. The Spider was fairly successful. The Ghost line isn't a major seller. They get the Yes! putter line with the acquisition of Adams. Done well, the Yes! line, with the marketing of TMAG could be a bright spot in the purchase plan.

Callaway has seen recent rumors of finanical challenges. Titleist has been sold to a Korean company. Nothing in this industry is static. It will remain in a dynamic state, with changes... some good, some bad.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
This is the end for Adams Golf, just when they where doing the things right. Do you think Taylormade will release an Adam's driver which is better than their own? This is the typical case of Company absorption and taking over competence to kill it. Simple, if I can't produce a better product than my competence, and my competence is growing, better kill it before it gets bigger than me. NExt stop for Adams: K-MArt

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It really surprised me. TM must have made an incredible offer. I get updates from Adams Golf and they had their best year financially last year.

70 million.

TMAG increases their sale footprint by less than 7%.

Adams is/was a small potatoe.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.