• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Taylormade Itsy Bitsy

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Hi Guys,

Has anyone tried the TM Itsy Bitsy Spider putter ? It is a good price on a site here in the UK, and I am tempted by it. The only bad thing is that I have now mistakingly got rid of my TM wrench and a couple of weights on ebay. The damn things hardly budged at all in the auction, as well !!

Anyway, have any of you guys used one, or indeed possess one of these things ? I have had a lot of success with my original 2-ball, but I find that at the moment I am hitting putts off centre, especially on longer putts and it is often bringing me up a few feet short of the hole. I was reading reviews of this and would quite like to give it a hurl.

Views....?

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I find it so aesthetically incorrect I wouldn't be able to just stand there and look at it at address for putting. It will distract me and make my putt miss for 5 feet at least :D

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Yeah, the design is a little, let us say, "mad." :D

I do like these 'wackier' style headshapes at times, though. I am all about head weight and allignment. I can oversea anything that looks a little 'different.' I detested the look of the 2-ball when it first came out, but a year or two later I was in love with the way the thing worked for me...

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I've demo'd them at a local shop, not my cup of tea as I prefer a heel shafted putter but if mallets are for you then that is a well balanced one. I saw one on Ebay which had a single sight line and that looked much better.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I've used one a bit, and I'm in almost the EXACT same boat you are. I'm not gaming a 2-Ball and it's the best putter I've had. The only putter I want to try is, you guessed it, the Spider line. The original really is just SO big. The "itsy bitsy" is quite a bit smaller but still big enough. In my experience the putter feels quite good, and if you're used to a 2-ball the size won't bother you. The technology is pretty legitimate. You really don't lose a lot of distance hitting it off the toe/heel

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I just grabbed on for my bother in law, and he's been wanting the 2-ball or this and decided he wanted the Itsy..

I just got it in the other day, and while it's ugly as sin, and looks like something gone wrong.. It's a SMOOTH putter. I had it on the putting green in the house, and it's alignment, and the weight is perfect. Ugly or not, I could see picking the ball up out of the hole quicker than normal with it.. It puts a very smooth roll on the ball, but no skidding, or jumping or anything.. Real pure, and real soft.

Ugly or not.. I think it works great.

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Hmmm, quite a few "for" votes here. Couple of friends have said to keep the 2-ball, but I just can't help but be interested by the Itsy.....:)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.