• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TEA Jr's "new" set.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Thanks to all the ShotTalkers who helped make this happen!
My son's set is nearly complete and is comprised of:
Nike carry bag
TM R540 driver
Tour Exotics 4 wood
TM Rescue mid hybrids (4 and 5)
Tommy Armour 845 Silver Scot 3-PW
Carnahan gap and sand wedges (coming soon)
Bronze Ping Anser putter

I had the hybrids cut down 1/2" and the irons cut 1". The putter was cut to 33" as well.

Woods and hybrids have skinny white Medalist grips, irons have Seahawk blue/lime green grips, and the putter got a midsize Winn putter grip.

IMG_2202 (600x800).jpg IMG_2203 (600x800).jpg IMG_2204 (600x800).jpg IMG_2205 (600x800).jpg

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
You helped make it so, Greg! :cool:

Funny enough, the club I spent the most money on, (the Burner driver) he doesn't want! Figures.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I think I have the same carry bag. But probably not the same golf ability.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The R line of drivers from TM are some if the best ever.

Nice looking bag!

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
The R line of drivers from TM are some if the best ever.

Nice looking bag!
I have to agree. I have 5 drivers, but I play the R580. I would like to pick up a R510TP. With that being said I'm not against trying a Bio Cell after the talk on these boards.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I have to agree. I have 5 drivers, but I play the R580. I would like to pick up a R510TP. With that being said I'm not against trying a Bio Cell after the talk on these boards.
If I could find the 510 TP in a 10 1/2° head I'd be all over it, at a reasonable price of course.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I'm kinda in the same boat. My 12 year old sharp shooter reckons he's too much stuff for his Jnr. Callaways, so I've got him a set of ladies Cleveland irons, which look mint, I pick 'em up next week. I was thinking of getting him a set of mens but got talking to our pro. He said the biggest challenge he has with juniors is correcting an overswing, usually resulting from kids using adult clubs too early. My boy is kinda small for his age, so I hesitated with mens' clubs. I guess I was the same at his age, couldn't wait to get mens' clubs. I guess your son has a year on him and is probably a bit bigger too. The set looks sweet, I'd game those in a heart beat.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I'm kinda in the same boat. My 12 year old sharp shooter reckons he's too much stuff for his Jnr. Callaways, so I've got him a set of ladies Cleveland irons, which look mint, I pick 'em up next week. I was thinking of getting him a set of mens but got talking to our pro. He said the biggest challenge he has with juniors is correcting an overswing, usually resulting from kids using adult clubs too early. My boy is kinda small for his age, so I hesitated with mens' clubs. I guess I was the same at his age, couldn't wait to get mens' clubs. I guess your son has a year on him and is probably a bit bigger too. The set looks sweet, I'd game those in a heart beat.
Yeah, that's kinda the issue. I had them cut down to women's length, but he'll have some issues flexing the shafts for a while. He's 5'-4" (1.63 meters :) ) so they fit him perfectly.
I figure if Lee Trevino can learn by swinging a Coke bottle tied to a stick, my son can learn on stiff shafts. :D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.