• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ted Potter Jr.: 'I've Never Been a Hard Worker'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

TED POTTER JR. COLLECTED HIS SECOND PGA TOUR title last weekend at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am. And, despite being paired in the final round with world No. 1 Dustin Johnson, he made it look rather easy.

Potter blistered Monterey Peninsula Country Club on Saturday. His 62 gave him a share of the 54-hole lead with Johnson. Then Potter went out on Sunday and shot a 69 to win by three strokes over Johnson, Phil Mickelson, Jason Day and Chez Reavie. Ho-hum.

The guy was nonplussed. He did everything right. He played smart. He got up and down. He handled his nerves. Heck, I don't think he had any nerves.

"What do I got to lose, really? Just go out there and play the best golf I could today and see what happens," Potter said.

The journeyman had missed five of his last eight cuts. Two weeks ago at the Farmers Insurance Open, Potter opened with a 66. Then he shot 74, 75, 82 to finish 73rd.

This Potter quote caught my attention:

"I have never been a hard worker, I guess, at it. I mean I'm probably better than what I think I am, but I'm not a person that likes to go hit a bunch of balls on the range or just work as hard as I probably should. When I start working on it, I'll get results like this that happen. But then I'll probably back away from it a little bit and have to regroup again and force myself to work hard at it again."

That means Potter could miss the cut next week. He could miss his next three cuts. Or he might win again.

Golf Channel's Tim Rosaforte reported that Potter is nicknamed "The Wizard." It has nothing to do with Harry Potter, Rosaforte noted. It's because of Ted Potter's skill around the greens. It was definitely on display on the Monterey Peninsula.

Source: Ted Potter Jr.: 'I've Never Been a Hard Worker'

🔥 Latest posts

Members online