• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tennessee ShotTalk golf outing?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
It looks to me what you will find is a reluctance to commit this early. Quite a few don't know what taxes will do to their financial postion. Some need more info on how many will actually show before they commit. And, some just won't know how work/family items may trump a fun golf get-together... that far in the future.

I understand we can get better pricing by early commitment. I, for one, would rather pay a little more if and when we get together than be out deposit and/or make someone upset if I just cannot make the date that is set.

Meeting some of the ShotTalk people has been something I have not only mentioned on the board, but have discussed with my wife. As you can see from the number of posts, I've invested significant time chatting with a fantastic bunch of guys over the past few years. At this time, I certainly want to attend. But, late April/early May is still a long ways off for many of us. Late April/early May is still early in the season. To secure tee times for a group that I don't see exceeding two or three foursomes shouldn't be as difficult as it would, say, June or July.

Would it make more sense to have us all see if we can plan on the last week of April or first week of May. Then, when we get closer to those dates, try to get some hard commitments.
That works for me. What will be the plan if there is no cabin availability is my only question?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
That works for me. What will be the plan if there is no cabin availability is my only question?
Tents in the backyard at the FWS mansion??:D

I'd think we would just have to take that chance. Again, it's early in the season. If we would strike out on the cabins, isn't there a reasonably priced hotel in the area? I've become pretty good at convincing hotels to open up breakfast rooms, etc. for poker games and other "family" entertainment.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Tents in the backyard at the MRS. FWS mansion??:D

I'd think we would just have to take that chance. Again, it's early in the season. If we would strike out on the cabins, isn't there a reasonably priced hotel in the area? I've become pretty good at convincing hotels to open up breakfast rooms, etc. for poker games and other "family" entertainment.
Fify, we could turn the garage into a hostile if need be. :D

I'm sure there are hotels if need be as well.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Getting $32 back on taxes. Cost me $65 to file them. I'm not going I guess. Sorry guys. Have fun.
Just do like a lot of people do. Steal someone's ID. Print a bogus W2. File a return that gets you a few thou back. Wasn't there an address in Georgia, a couple years ago, where someone had submittted over 1,000 false claims for refunds... and the IRS paid them!!!! If you get caught, you get a warm bed... three meals/day... clean clothes... and a 6'-7" 300 pound male as your "significant other".

This stinks! Now, if I do go, I'll be the "token retirement home rep". Everyone else are mere youngsters!!! Don't know if I can put up with babysitting a bunch of kids... and amazingly undisciplined ones at that!!!!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Dates are still a work in progress. Late April or early May.

Stay at Tim's Ford Cabins. Water Front Cabins on Tims Ford Lake in Middle Tenneessee

They gave me a rate of:

$112.60/person which includes 2 nights and 1 round of golf at Bear Trace. TN Golf Trail The Bear Trace at Tims Ford

The cabins sleep 4 so the total cabin price and 1 round of golf is $450.38.
Deposit per cabin is $136.69

Additional rounds are:
$56 with a $21 replay (same day).
Senior rates (62+) $46 with a $21 replay (same day).

Less than an hour from Tim's Ford is Saddle Creek, my home course. Saddle Creek Golf Club Lewisburg TN

Jason, head pro at Saddle Creek gave me a great deal:
$25 for 18 with range balls and a cart if we play Friday.
$35 for 18 with range balls and a cart if we play Sunday.

I figured if we did 3 days of golf and 2 nights it would be a Fri-Sun thing. Get to Tim's Ford on Friday and unpack, either play there or head to Saddle Creek. Play golf. Head back to the cabin for fun.

Get up Saturday, take a bottle of Advil and play the included round and maybe a replay. Head back to cabin.

Get up Sunday, take more Advil and either play at Bear Trace or Saddle Creek and then head home.

Let me know what you think. They asked that we book soon so the availability didn't change.

Edit...

This is what I've got so far:

Going: FWS, FWS's dad, FWS's golf buddy, Limp, Lark, AG.

Tentative: Queball, Greg, doc

Said yes before: sssmokin

Needs to go: papa, subsonic, mcdavis

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Sorry buddy, but I'm out. Me and the wife decided to save up for a bigger trip next year for our 25th anniversary instead.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
AFAIC, that's enough people to reserve two cabins, I can paypal you my deposit whenever. OR I'll reserve a cabin on my credit card as soon as whoever wants to stay with me sends me their deposit.

If people decide to come later, well, they'll just have to figure out their own shit.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
AFAIC, that's enough people to reserve two cabins, I can paypal you my deposit whenever. OR I'll reserve a cabin on my credit card as soon as whoever wants to stay with me sends me their deposit.

If people decide to come later, well, they'll just have to figure out their own shit.
I'm good with whatever but I'd like to get a totally committed count. Let us know guys. :D

I'm thinking May 1-3, which is the first weekend of May.

This is what we've got so far:

Going: FWS, FWS's dad, FWS's golf buddy, Limp???, Lark, AG???

Tentative: Queball, doc, papa, subsonic

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.