• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tennessee ShotTalk golf trip, April 18th-19th

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
The original thread is now over 16 pages long so maybe it's a bit much to read. So here is a brief recap. Several of us are planning on making a trip to central Tn. the weekend of the 18th and 19th. There are cabins available to rent in the state park where the course is located. There are many other course within driving distance of the cabins. We need to hurry up and make some reservations though. So anyone interested, let me know, either through this or the other thread, or by PM. Here is the latest info I have and a link to the course.

Okay, here is the skinny on Tim's Ford. TN Golf Trail: The Bear Trace at Tims Ford

2 nights stay in a cabin and a round of golf, 8 person capacity, 4 ideally, 2 bedrooms with 2 double beds. Sofa is not a sleeper. Greens fees are all of $52.00, a replay round cost $25.00.

So with 4 per cabin, 3 rounds of golf, 2 nights stay in the cabin we are looking at $135.00 each.

The cabins are a 3 minute drive from the club house.

Matt the club pro, 888-558-2327, says, "the greens were re-planted with Bermuda this past summer and in EXCELLENT shape as we speak."

For the weekend of April the 18th - 19th, there are presently 17 cabins available.

Carla, 800-471-5295, says, "We require a $119.96 deposit per cabin, the individual golfers can call and make their own reservations." Once the initial booking is made we would have 14 days to book all the cabins we would need. Or maybe it was they require a 14 day cancellation notice? Anyway, sounds like a great deal to me. Now we need to find out who all is still interested and get busy booking the cabins we'd need.

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
I wish I could go, but I'm leaving the week before that and will be gone for 5 days fishing in Florida. I wont be able to get any time off to go play golf. Y'all have a good time.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'm workshopping this...it might be doable. Even if it is kind of out in BFE in regards to location, lol.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I'm tentative... Maybe get atleast a "I'm kinda interested and can make it", and figure a good location from there.

While that place looks nice, it's in the middle of no-where. Price isn't terrible though.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I'm tentative... Maybe get atleast a "I'm kinda interested and can make it", and figure a good location from there.

While that place looks nice, it's in the middle of no-where. Price isn't terrible though.

For the price and central location to as many ShotTalkers as possible, Tim's Ford seemed the best I could come up with. There are 21 courses withing 50 miles of there if I recall correctly? And it's not that far from Nashville.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I agree, decent location for golf, but not really close to anything.

Of course, it'd be nice to get a semi permanant "might can" head count. The location was picked because of the northern friends who it seems have all but backed out.

Hell, if it ends up being you, me and Eracer, then between GA/FL and MS, I think we can find a suitable location without all of us driving north! Everyone knows the good places are south!

While it's close to Nashville, flight are costly.. Was anyone planning to fly?

Nashville aint usually cheap to fly into, as it's not a "major" hub. Even getting a cheap flight to atlanta or Birmingham would still leave a 3+ hour drive.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
eClark is still in, and he is in Wisconsin. And hopefully one or 2 of the other Wisconsinites can catch a ride with him. One things for sure, they won't have to worry about rouge zombies attacking them, :D

So far I've gotten pm's and confirmations from eClark, Eracer, and JArmour, and of course me. And maybe's from FatCity and Jeff4i. Come on guys, at one time we had over 25 people committed to or considering this. I know the economy stinks right now, but we can still pull this off.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
eClark is still in, and he is in Wisconsin. And hopefully one or 2 of the other Wisconsinites can catch a ride with him. One things for sure, they won't have to worry about rouge zombies attacking them, :D

So far I've gotten pm's and confirmations from eClark, Eracer, and JArmour, and of course me. And maybe's from FatCity and Jeff4i. Come on guys, at one time we had over 25 people committed to or considering this. I know the economy stinks right now, but we can still pull this off.

Economy isn't really what's hurting me too bad. Its debating on how I'm going to get there.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Economy isn't really what's hurting me too bad. Its debating on how I'm going to get there.

New Mexico huh? would be a heck of a drive wouldn't it? Maybe you and somebody else from out that general direction could meet somewhere and split the driving? Or you could always fly the Big Blue Jet, ;)

Oh yeah, Wi has a acceptable excuse, the rest of ya'll had better do some brainstorming and figure out a way to make it, :D

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Economy isn't gonna keep me out, it's just a matter of which days it'll be and what the plans might be as far as traveling around, or staying in the area.

Don't forget to check and see when these courses will aerate. Usually it's common atleast down here for many to hit them in March/April.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
New Mexico huh? would be a heck of a drive wouldn't it? Maybe you and somebody else from out that general direction could meet somewhere and split the driving? Or you could always fly the Big Blue Jet, ;)

Oh yeah, Wi has a acceptable excuse, the rest of ya'll had better do some brainstorming and figure out a way to make it, :D

Driving would incredibly bad. LONGGGG drive, even splitting.

Thats the problem for him, and having the event in the middle of no-where. He's still got an hour plus or more drive from the nearest airport where it won't cost an arm and a leg to get a puddle jumper to take him there.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Driving would incredibly bad. LONGGGG drive, even splitting.

Thats the problem for him, and having the event in the middle of no-where. He's still got an hour plus or more drive from the nearest airport where it won't cost an arm and a leg to get a puddle jumper to take him there.

Anyone flying in, I'm sure somebody already there will be willing to pick you up at the airport.

I understand that there isn't going to be an ideal location for everyone. Initially we ran a poll, and Tn. seemed to be the consensus best choice.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Anyone flying in, I'm sure somebody already there will be willing to pick you up at the airport.

I understand that there isn't going to be an ideal location for everyone. Initially we ran a poll, and Tn. seemed to be the consensus best choice.

No matter what we chose there would be things we'd need to adapt to, so don't sweat that boss. :) This just happens to be the one we have for getting such a great deal, and an accomodating setting.

Its about a 19 hour drive from here, so I'll probably fly. I mean, I could bum a ride with someone, but I'd feel guilty. Maybe if someone else if flying, we meet up and split the rental or something?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I feel like a bit of schmuck for bailing, but I really don't have any other option. We will have another one in the future & I guarantee my attendance at that one.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online