• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Thanks Slingblade! (Care package from Bob)

twelvegage

live life. love life.
Jan 18, 2008
Attached are some pics of the things Bob sent me in a care package, I can't tell him how much I appreciate them. It included a 3 and 5 wood, and a driver (Cleveland Golf). He also sent John Daly's book (which I've already read), a boomerang with mat, 45 golf balls, 2 magazines, and I know I'm missing something. Well, the pictures that I'm including are when I swung the day I got them, and my swing was ALL out of whack! Since I've read the magazines, I've learned A LOT, keeping my left arm straight as possible, keeping my plant slightly bent all the way through, and more, but I'm still not making solid contact but maybe once every 3 or 4 swings, the rest of them are just little bloopers, I keep hitting just the top of the ball, I'll get there though, I've already made drastic improvements. Anyways, thanks again Bob!

J.C.
S7300456.jpg
S7300457.jpg
S7300458.jpg
S7300459.jpg

OP
twelvegage

twelvegage

live life. love life.
Jan 18, 2008
Yes, I was making goofy faces on purpose, I can't take serious pictures, I don't know, it's like a disease, lol.
S7300488.jpg
S7300481.jpg
S7300485.jpg
S7300486.jpg

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Really......I should have sent a wedge. :)

Don't worry about it Sling, sorry twelvegage. Work has been crazy and I haven't had a chance to get to the post office. I've still got the Callaway sand wedge and attack wedge boxed up. I'll drop them off tommorow at the post office. They have graphite shafts but they will make the trip ok hopefully.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Way to go Sling & MC!

twelvegage, keep your head down! Our best thoughts and prayers to each soldier, sailor, airman, and marine.

OP
twelvegage

twelvegage

live life. love life.
Jan 18, 2008
Really......I should have sent a wedge. :)
What you sent was more than enough! I came back from work the other day and my buddy was in our tent putting using the boomerang (I had bought a Nike Ignite putter before I found this site), he also plans on going golfing with me when we finally make it out of here (June timeframe more than likely)

mddubya said:
Don't worry about it Sling, sorry twelvegage. Work has been crazy and I haven't had a chance to get to the post office. I've still got the Callaway sand wedge and attack wedge boxed up. I'll drop them off tommorow at the post office. They have graphite shafts but they will make the trip ok hopefully.
Thanks alot dubya! That's all that was missing from our Iraq "bag". The driver/woods for launching "messages" into Iraq, putting for in the hooch, and the wedge because we have so much freaking sand!

Thanks again guys.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
That driver was my gamer.....I now have no driver in my bag. Now I HAVE to buy another one. :D

Anyone know where I can get a Burner for cheap? ;)

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Hmm... Globalgolf comes to mind. haha
And good job sling Take care troops and may you all make it home safe :)

Members online