• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Accessory Thread

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Thought I would start this up after viewing countless numbers of items in the last few days to decide my best options. Finally just got tired of deciding what best suited my needs, and today I ordered the following among other junk:

Rain Wedge Golf Bag Rain Cover
Frogger Amphibian Towel
Frogger Brushpro Club Cleaner(x2)
Champ Pro Soft Spike Brush(x2)
Champ Spike Rake(x2)

Will post what I think when I get them and have a chance to use them, and will also go back over what I have bought in the last couple years or in the past and give opinions on those as well.

Just thought it might be an interesting idea to start a Thread of opinions on Misc accessories.

Probably only because I ho Gadgets like others on here ho clubs. :laugh:

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Golf Ball finders:
Have owned and used the following:

Visiball Glasses
Visiball Products

Golffinder Scout
Ballfinder Scout

I play a lot of wooded courses. Play a lot out of those woods. :D

The scout seemed like a waste of money, and went back for a refund per their guarantee. While the Visiball glasses are still in my bag and work better than the Scout at a much cheaper price, they are only likely still in my bag because they are buried under my rain gear and old Seaforth rain cover. They never come out of the bag. Your eyes are likely better than both of these. May try them again sometime if I really feel like looking like and idiot on the course.

Save your money.

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Ballzee Ball Cleaner
BALLZEE Golf Ball Cleaner

This works as advertised and is great for winter months when the course removes the ball washers, which is when I primarily use this. It is attached to my putter towel.

Thought about getting the Frogger Amphibian Ball towel, but figured these run about 1/5th the price and last a couple years each.

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Rain Covers:

Seaforth Rain Cover
Seaforth Rain Gear

This device is money if you play in the rain. A flap rain cover is the way to go. I currently have the OGIO bag with their rain cover which I used for the last couple years, and was thinking of going back to the Seaforth after having played in torrential rains last Friday. The key is, when it isn't raining you can flip it back until it starts again, and is very convenient to get the clubs out of the bag. Did pick up a Rain Wedge today, as I like the design and think it might not soak through on headcovers that touch on really heavy rains. Which was my only complaint. Will see what happens and post back.

Drizzle Stik
DrizzleStik - Don't Let Rain Ruin Your Game!

Wife bought one, and just gets in the way of getting the clubs out, and did not last an entire round prior to going back to the Flap Cover

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Divot Tools

Currently use the Victorinox mainly for the retractable tool, the fact that it holds a post ball mark (use a KU one with it now, and doesn't fit quite as well as the original), and has a nice case to store in the bag. Have used it for several years. Figure While I rarely use the other stuff, except for maybe the groove cleaner if I get it prior to a tee, doesn't hurt to have the other items in the golf bag.
Amazon.com: Victorinox Swiss Army Golf Tool With Callaway Golf Balls: Sports & Outdoors

Thought about ordering the Champ Turtle Tool for the retractable tool, at only about $6, but decided it was no better.
Champ Golf Turtle Tool Divot Tool

Did order a couple Jayhawk ones though, and will see how they work.

Interested to see what becomes of the ST Divot thread. A man cannot have to many divot tools and even looked for the two mentioned there at TGW.

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Not sure where this can even be picked up now. I bought it from Rockbottom as a result of needing to spend a couple bucks to save shipping a while back. Also had a friend that owned one prior and left it on a cart.
Golf Glove Caddy - Golf Accessories

Gotta be honest, if you play in hot weather and change gloves out during a round, it works well and worth the money. Used to just connect them around the post, although this allows you to set it up to let air go into the glove. Even played a round on Monday were I had forgotten to change my gloves out from "Rain rounds" on the weekend, and air dried them for the first few practice holes prior to my match. Fortunately I usually carry about 4-5 gloves in my bag.

In hot weather, I swap them out after every 3-4 holes and if you ride in a cart this will really help dry them out.

Although you may be able to serve the same purpose with a velcro strap you can buy in Walmart, as is the case with my friend that left theirs on the cart. Although for $5, I would recommend it if you ride in a cart and alternate gloves during a round.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I have no accessories in my bag. Tees, balls, a marker and pencils, raincover that came with the bag, and a towel. Tees work great for fixing ballmarks and cleaning grooves. Baked in groove crud comes right out with the tip of my knife otherwise.

Don't see where you have the time to employ all these gadgets on the course. lol :p

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I have no accessories in my bag. Tees, balls, a marker and pencils, raincover that came with the bag, and a towel. Tees work great for fixing ballmarks and cleaning grooves. Baked in groove crud comes right out with the tip of my knife otherwise.

Don't see where you have the time to employ all these gadgets on the course. lol :p
I used to walk and carry my bag about 95% of my rounds and limit the load. Since moving up here, it is amazing what you will do with your time and think about when you are forced to ride a cart and wait between each shot. :D

This may help explain, as all this was once in my bag at one time: :laugh:
http://www.shottalk.com/forum/equipment-talk/11056-club-hos-pfft-you-got-easy.html

3367d1175344418-club-hos-pfft-you-got-easy-entire_resize.jpg

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
... you thought a 14 club limit was bad, wait until you have to limit 14k gadgets and accessories to what you can fit in a bag. :D

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Is the rain wedge the full bag cover from sea forth? I took your advice on the sea forth a while ago and will never buy another rain cover unless it's from them. I'm interested in your thoughts on the frogger towel.

I have their brush and IMO it's not worth what I paid for it. It's very light and cheap feeling. It cleans the grooves well but so has every other brush I have used. I would just buy a retractable cord and hook it on to a cheaper brush and be happy with it.

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Is the rain wedge the full bag cover from sea forth? I took your advice on the sea forth a while ago and will never buy another rain cover unless it's from them. I'm interested in your thoughts on the frogger towel.

I have their brush and IMO it's not worth what I paid for it. It's very light and cheap feeling. It cleans the grooves well but so has every other brush I have used. I would just buy a retractable cord and hook it on to a cheaper brush and be happy with it.
The Rain Wedge is a not a full bag cover, but simply a little different in design and looks to be adjustable. Remains to be seen if it is better than the Seaforth. Has more of a frame to the product. Actually a couple of our friends have one, and it looked intriguing.
Rain Wedge - The Premier Golf Rain Cover
Rain Wedge Premier Golf Bag Rain Cover

A big part of the reason I started this thread was because of the Frogger Brushpro and Amphibian Towel. Have heard mixed results, and while the brush won 3rd place in the 2008 PGA merchandise show, and the Towel won 1st place in the 2009 show, I still saw mixed results on the Company, Customer Service, as well as the Product.

To be honest, I probably should have asked first, but was a little lazy on that, and one of the things that caught my eye was someone who used to post on here, posted on the Merchandise show, and from what I gather is fairly close to the guy who started Frogger.

That being MediaGuru. Will see what happens once I recieve the product. Probably would have bought the cleat cleaner as well, instead of the Champ ones, although it only retract 2 1/2 feet.

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
I like the idea of the towel and am very interested in buying one. I'd rather not have to wait to have it shipped here though, I'm very impatient.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online