• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The barbecue/grilling thread 2008

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Damn you! And damn Rudy! I'm going to the store RIGHT NOW! I will fire up the Slo-Cooker tomorrow morning, and have a heart attack tomorrow evening. I'll die happy!

BTW - I'm going to leave my computer on, with my browser on this page. Just so everyone will know who to blame. Or will it be ruled "suicide by creamed corn?"

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Damn you! And damn Rudy! I'm going to the store RIGHT NOW! I will fire up the Slo-Cooker tomorrow morning, and have a heart attack tomorrow evening. I'll die happy!

BTW - I'm going to leave my computer on, with my browser on this page. Just so everyone will know who to blame. Or will it be ruled "suicide by creamed corn?"
Decided it needed to be stirred, pretty darn good right now, even be better in another hour or two. Taste kinda like Corn, but really, really rich and creamy. Probably doesn't look like much to anyone else, but you know different :D

Kinda like saying a Vodka or Gin and Tonic just looks like a normal glass of water. You know different.

Edit 1 - BTW, I did change it a bit this time and used 1 1/2 times on all the ingredients, but 2x the Cream cheese. Even better than before, much closer to Rudy's as the last batch was a little watery in comparison to Rudy's. So 1 1/2 lb corn, 16 oz Cream Cheese, 3/4 cup milk, 3/4 cup Butter, 1 1/2 tbls Sugar, 3/4 tsp Salt, 1/4 tsp pepper

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I'm thinking all the other ingredients should be cut in half for a pound of corn. You're saying even more butter, more cream cheese?

"Snap"
"Snap"
"Snap"
"Snap"

(Sound of my arteries snapping shut...)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I'm thinking all the other ingredients should be cut in half for a pound of corn. You're saying even more butter, more cream cheese?

"Snap"
"Snap"
"Snap"
"Snap"

(Sound of my arteries snapping shut...)
Actually I did 1 1/2 on the corn as well. Basically did the entire recipe at one and a half. But instead of 1 1/2 on the Cream Cheese, I did 2x. Although it is kinda like adding insult to injury, it sure tastes good.

... and as you can likely tell from the pictures from yesterday, my arteries have long since surrendered. Kinda thought when the doctor tells me I have High Cholesterol, my comment should be something to the regard of "You Think?". Kinda funny, as I did have slightly high cholesterol but the doctor said my triglycerides were really low and very healthy. He proceeds to tell me these are an indication of things like beer, drinks, pretzels and things like that. I'm sitting there thinking "What's wrong with this picture, and medical science in general?". I figure my liver probably asked my arteries what they were bitchin' about.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I made a batch of your BBQ sauce and almost drank a quart of it it was so good.
Doing ribs tonight. Gonny give them a rub and then smoke them for 3-4 hours. After that they get 10 minutes of flame and a sauseing. They will kick ass.

I am also doing a crock pot of the cream corn.

Will post results tomorrow.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Doing ribs tonight. Gonny give them a rub and then smoke them for 3-4 hours. After that they get 10 minutes of flame and a sauseing. They will kick ass.

I am also doing a crock pot of the cream corn.

Will post results tomorrow.
I didn't post a review of mine yet. It was good, but the next batch will have 1/2 the cream cheese. And I'm going to try putting 1/2 the corn into a food processor before cooking it.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Glad to hear you liked it. I have pretty much lost all interest in buying any sauce after making it, where we used to bring a case home anytime we went back to Kansas. Plus it is usually better after it sits for a day or so and is great out of the freezer. So you can likely make an entire crockpot or pan full that will give you about 7-8 big bottles for about the same as it would likely cost for 1 or 2 small ones out of the store or if you were to order it online. I also just recently started doing it in the crockpot, as it is hard to simmer on a propane stove so I would use a little electric burne, and it seems to maybe work a little better out of the crockpot.

I did a brisket a couple nights ago on the grill to try out a little smoke box I bought for the Weber grill. Nothing real special compared to our real smoker, but does give it a slight flavor. Made hot roast beef type sandwiches with a thicken aj jus type gravy sauce out of it, but it was getting a little late and I forgot about pictures. It's supposed to be a warm weekend, so I may have to go out and get some Brauts or something to grill and make Beer Brauts out of. Good for after golf on the weekends.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Sometime good grilled food for a weekend of good food and golf is just so stupid simple, you feel like you cheated
10 Brauts, grilled (5 more in the fridge just in case)
Bag of Sauerkraut
2 large onions, halved and sliced
green pepper, halved and sliced
about a tablespoon of pepper
about 3-4 tablespoons of Montreal Seasoning
4 cans of Lager, or whatever toots your horn
cookem', throwem' in a beer hot jacuzzi for a couple hours
eat. :)
These just started the bath

OP
spankdoggie

spankdoggie

Sep 2, 2006
Wow, that looks good.

I did try the creamed corn, and slow cooked it for 5-6 hours. I hated it.

It tasted like cream cheese... Give me a grilled corn on the cob with butter and salt, and I happy as a clam... to each his own.

I grilled a fat ribeye steak last night... high heat, and 3 minutes a side.

Oh man that was good! I almost took a picture. Thanks for the pics.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
... several drinks, and several hours later...
too lazy to really dress it up.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I did try the creamed corn, and slow cooked it for 5-6 hours. I hated it.

It tasted like cream cheese... Give me a grilled corn on the cob with butter and salt, and I happy as a clam... to each his own.

I grilled a fat ribeye steak last night... high heat, and 3 minutes a side.

Oh man that was good! I almost took a picture. Thanks for the pics.
Probably have to be a "fan of fat" If it is good enough for Elvis, it is good enough for me. :)

My next thing will probably be the Jamaican Jerk Ribeye I mentioned before, although my wife is out of town this next week, and if I did it without her she would be pissed. Gonna go to a Brazilian Steakhouse in Philly next weekend, may try to get some pictures of how they do it up. So the Ribeye will have to wait until the following week. Never done one before, so we will see....

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Oh, no, no, no, no! Those brats looked so good, until you soiled them with that red shit. Brown mustard only!

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
Oh, no, no, no, no! Those brats looked so good, until you soiled them with that red shit. Brown mustard only!

He cut himself with the knife, and bled on them I guess........ surely that's the only way you can get anything red on a brat.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
He cut himself with the knife, and bled on them I guess........ surely that's the only way you can get anything red on a brat.
I hadn't thought of that. For a minute there I thought maybe he had put the "K-word" on it, which would have been grounds for removal from the Man Club.

🔥 Latest posts