• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Caddie Blues of Lydia Ko

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
LPGA PHENOM LYDIA KO HAS GONE through nine caddies in her career. Ko is 19. (She will be 20 in less than a week.) Look, I'm just an "armchair golfer" who writes about the game. I don't know what it's like between the ropes or to be an elite golfer.

But nine caddies at 19? There's something wrong here, right?

Ko's latest caddie, Gary Matthews, was canned after nine events. Ko finished runner-up to Cristie Kerr at the LPGA Lotte Championship in Hawaii this past weekend, but that didn't help her bag man.

"What was so strange for me," Matthews told Tim Rosaforte, "we worked unbelievably well in Hawaii, the communication and everything was just phenomenal."

Added Matthews: "I wish her the best, but she's gone through so many caddies, she needs to wake up on caddie-player relationships. Otherwise she’ll just keep doing it."

Source: The Caddie Blues of Lydia Ko

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
Two thoughts:

1. Are her parents over-actively involved in her career management? Maybe THEY are firing the caddies.

2. Has ANYONE who signed with PXG improved their tour standings?

🔥 Latest posts