• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Cycling Thread

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
If David Feherty does it, so can we!

awww.bicycling.com_sites_default_files_images_0903_feherty.jpg

I've just bought a Specialized Comp Roubaix 56" road bike as my way of dipping my toe into the water of the world of cycling.

That begs the question: who else cycles around here? What's your story? For how long? Anecdotes? Show us a picture of your beast!

Last edited:

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
My cycle has a motor...I have little interest for riding a bicycle on the road...now, mountain biking...i could probably get into that.

Not to mention, I don't look very good in spandex.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
If David Feherty does it, so can we!

View attachment 23080

I've just bought a Specialized Comp Roubaix 56" road bike as my way of dipping my toe into the water of the world of cycling.

That begs the question: who else cycles around here? What's your story? For how long? Anecdotes? Show us a picture of your beast!
I cycle. I haven't been doing for long, but I like it a lot. Getting ready to ride in my first cyclocross race next month, and have set a goal to commute to work this winter (17 miles one way).

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I cycle. I haven't been doing for long, but I like it a lot. Getting ready to ride in my first cyclocross race next month, and have set a goal to commute to work this winter (17 miles one way).

Have you done a "Feherty" yet?

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Believe it or not my wife and I rode a lot a few years ago. I burnt a knee and eased off into remodeling an apartment and then went back golfing. I got my endurance up high enough to ride the century rides around here. Thank God this area is relatively flat. 100 miles means I am in traction the next day. Dont wimp and just go 60 miles so you can get the shirt like most folks do. You havent checked off your bucket list until you learn what the vibration from a stiff assed high performance cycle can do to your body.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
The only time I ever fell was when I was starting to ride and was almost stopped but could not get unclipped.

There was a couple that was older that would show up for the saturday ride. They rode a tandem and she was caboose. They didnt make a corner at a pretty good speed. Never saw them again. I heard they both broke multiple bones.

Members online

No members online now.