• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Early Days

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I'm backing up my PC and came across a few old photos.

First pic is Sling trying to get me to join the ST Premium Member section back in 2005.

Second pic is "Poetry in Motion". 4 iron about 185 yards on 16 at Yale in April 2005.

That was a great day out.
IG & Sling.jpg
Poetry.jpg

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Nice pics.

BTW, Where you over there delivery Milk Tray? :laugh:

(I've just sent you the money for the Geek).

jjgolfpro

Dec 6, 2007
Nice pic. Yale is an awesome golf course. I think that's actually 17 though. You drive over the pond and up the hill, then a long approach shot to a green that is about 4 feet from the 18th tee.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Nice pic. Yale is an awesome golf course. I think that's actually 17 though. You drive over the pond and up the hill, then a long approach shot to a green that is about 4 feet from the 18th tee.

Good read JJ, I recall it now. It really is a truly fantastic course. Towering bunkers, my god. And that par 3 with the split green! And the 18th is a strange hole, eh? Par 5, where you have to drive to a hill and then shoot something over the top of a hill.

You from that neck of the woods?

jjgolfpro

Dec 6, 2007
Yeah, I am about 30 minutes from there. I usually play it once a year.

Here are some pictures of the bunker on 2 and the split green on 9. It was hard to get a good shot with my camera. As you know, the pictures do not do justice to the difficulty of these holes.
Copy of 11-05-07 002.jpg
Copy of 11-05-07 009.jpg

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I remember 3 distinct things about that day.....a bunker IG hit into that had 26 steps up to get to the green.

Waiting for the Aztec priest to rip the heart out of my chest by the 15th after walking that course and........drum roll please.....

Not taking my full handicap in the round and then learning (halfway through) that IG had been the caddy champion at Shinnecock hills in 1990 and 1991(bastard) :D

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I remember 3 distinct things about that day.....a bunker IG hit into that had 26 steps up to get to the green.

Waiting for the Aztec priest to rip the heart out of my chest by the 15th after walking that course and........drum roll please.....

Not taking my full handicap in the round and then learning (halfway through) that IG had been the caddy champion at Shinnecock hills in 1990 and 1991(bastard) :D
Sounds an awful lot like me letting VT talk me into letting him play as a 10, then him shooting (a severely hung over) 74, 76 on World Woods to take the money. I can't complain too much, since he and I were partnered on the last day, and he made me $15 richer.

Tim was the real beneficiary of VT's sandbagging....:laugh:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Great pics. I thought that was the place where that "shitter shot" happened, no?

BTW- you know you're a ho when some dude from Ireland has a pic of his bag and your current 3w is in it. :laugh: That one doesn't really count though, right, lol.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Sounds an awful lot like me letting VT talk me into letting him play as a 10, then him shooting (a severely hung over) 74, 76 on World Woods to take the money. I can't complain too much, since he and I were partnered on the last day, and he made me $15 richer.

Tim was the real beneficiary of VT's sandbagging....:laugh:

I think it was 76-78-82 for the record... your killing me. EZ is going to make me give him strokes.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Great pics. I thought that was the place where that "shitter shot" happened, no?

BTW- you know you're a ho when some dude from Ireland has a pic of his bag and your current 3w is in it. :laugh: That one doesn't really count though, right, lol.

If you look at the first pic, you'll see right over Bob and IG's head there's a shack. That's the shitter. Bob has memories of over there. :laugh:

R35

jjgolfpro

Dec 6, 2007
I think it was 76-78-82 for the record... your killing me. EZ is going to make me give him strokes.

Those are good scores on that course. I know I was in the 80's when I played Pine Barrens. That course had some great holes, and the best driving range I have seen.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Speaking of WW, VT why do I have a picture of you in your boxers at billys house? Was I really that hammered?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.