• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The End is Nigh

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
My daughter had early release from school today so we decided to leave the home track to give me another shot at Silver Spring Country Club, where I played like crap on the back nine at the WI Shot Talk fall outing ( I blame the vodka crannies and several High Lives).

Aye Caramba! The weather today really made me realize how little time is left in the Wisconsin golf season. 45*, howling wind, leaves absolutely everywhere, and aerated greens. Only several twosomes and a couple of fast moving singles on the golf course along with me, the wife, and daughter. I think we let most of them play through. We made it through 15 holes, then the girls froze out.

I have a number of tee times set going forward, but will cancel this Saturday's time tomorrow due to the forecast for low to mid 40's, wind, and 60% chance of rain. I don't mind the cold and some wind, but I needs me a little sunshine. I'm hoping for maybe eight more rounds before I shut it down, but now the end is really in sight.

It's sad, really.

Kevin

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
At least you aren't a Siberian snowshoe rabbit being chased by a lynx.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Kevin, yep this weekend is looking horrible. Hoping the weathermen are wrong & it turns out halfway decent, would like to hit Trappers Turn for the day. Good thing for me is my local course won't shut down until there is snow on the ground, so I may have more than a month left.

OP
Esox

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Kevin, yep this weekend is looking horrible. Hoping the weathermen are wrong & it turns out halfway decent, would like to hit Trappers Turn for the day. Good thing for me is my local course won't shut down until there is snow on the ground, so I may have more than a month left.

There's some great deals out there. Next Monday through Wednesday the Bull at Pinehurst Farms is $25 per an email my Brither-in-law received. He wants to play Tuesday which looks like the only reasonable weather. Wednesday is the only day that would work for me, and it looks like 60% rain and 40's.

Kevin

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Pretty crummy out right now, 49º & not a lot of sun. Add in the 30+ mph winds with supposed 50+ gusts coming in awhile & it's going to be a crappy halloween here. Yep they are trick or treating in my village today.
Snow is on the radar too, right now it looks like the LaCrosse area is getting some.

OP
Esox

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
When I saw the sun shining yesterday I headed out to the course to give it a go. Turned out to be kind of a miserable experience. High winds, cold, and I three putted five greens in sixteen holes. Then I quit. Didn't go today and the sun shining was giving me a little guilt.

Instead I'm watching Favre and the Jets. As I type this he threw his third INT and the guy took it 91 yards to the house.

Kevin

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
When I saw the sun shining yesterday I headed out to the course to give it a go. Turned out to be kind of a miserable experience. High winds, cold, and I three putted five greens in sixteen holes. Then I quit. Didn't go today and the sun shining was giving me a little guilt.

Instead I'm watching Favre and the Jets. As I type this he threw his third INT and the guy took it 91 yards to the house.

Kevin

I played yesterday & although it was windy, I enjoyed myself. I headed to the course today & as I pulled into the empty parking lot, I changed my mind. Went to Dicks & picked up a box of Callaway HX Hots instead since Wally World doesn't sell them.

Yep, watching the Jets also, if they win it will be in spite of Favre.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Yeah, its TERRIBLE to think golf season is almost over due to the AWFUL climate coming from the first glance of winter........

O! wait! We are actually in spring going down for summer!!!!! :D:D:D

:australia

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Didn't feel like starting a new thread just for this, and the title looked close enough--

So Pa, is there snow on the ground today? That's what the weather looked like for you.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
I don't know why any of us avid golfers live farther north than Virginia.

I don't either. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if golf season was getting ready to be over. This time of the year is usually my favorite here in NC. Nice afternoons where a long sleeve polo is perfect.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I don't either. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if golf season was getting ready to be over.

Wax the skis/snowboards & get ready to hit the slopes, it's not as bad taking a few months off as you may think.

twelvegage

live life. love life.
Jan 18, 2008
I don't either. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if golf season was getting ready to be over. This time of the year is usually my favorite here in NC. Nice afternoons where a long sleeve polo is perfect.
same here in TX, when the sun really comes out around noon, pants and a shirt is perfect!

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
Weather for the next six days here in beautiful northern Illinois...

Sunny everyday, with highs of; 54, 60, 64, 59, 61, 67. Too bad I can't play _every_ day. ( Played last Thursday, Friday, Sunday and yesterday. Shortsleeves except Sunday for 10 holes, because the wind was 40 mph. )

🔥 Latest posts