• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Fall of Cameron

sidewinder

Feb 8, 2007
I realize that you would certainly play the "lower cost" (relatively speaking) models. To me, even they are all too expensive to be justifiable. I happen to love my $90 custom built Golfsmith putter. I've tried Scotty's, and I just can't see what the fuss is all about. I don't buy into the milling hype...
Fourputt,

But that is not what you said which is what caused me to comment.

And just because you think milled putters are too expensive to be justifiable does not make it so. When one considers that about a third of strokes taken on course are taken with the putter, $295 doesn't seem out of line when drivers can cost almost twice that much. A putter might stay in a player's bag for 10 years or even longer. Can anyone say that about a driver? That makes the $295 seem like a pretty good investment in one's game, doesn't it?

There is a reason why milled Anser-style putters are so popular with low handicap and pro golfers: they work extremely well for a variety of players. Having worked in the diecast and machining industries, I can tell you there is a huge difference in perceived feel between steels used in casting and the steels used in machining from bar stock.

If you "love" and putt well with that gimmicky and toy-like "Star Trek Enterprise" putter, more power to you. But that doesn't exactly cause one to have a warm fuzzy feeling regarding your opinions on milled Anser-style putters.

S-

jick

Oct 17, 2007
I am not a senior member or moderator here yet. Hell, I wasn't even the one who started this thread.

Nevertheless, I would like to appeal to you all to avoid shifting topics. This is about Cameron and let's keep it that way - not into assertions about milled putters or what-not.

It seems Cameron is losing his fans from all fronts.

sidewinder

Feb 8, 2007
I am not a senior member or moderator here yet. Hell, I wasn't even the one who started this thread.

Nevertheless, I would like to appeal to you all to avoid shifting topics. This is about Cameron and let's keep it that way - not into assertions about milled putters or what-not.

It seems Cameron is losing his fans from all fronts.
jick,

The vast majority of Cameron putters are mill Anser-style putters, are they not? The reason Cameron is losing some fans has to do with "boutique" milled Anser-style putters, correct?

Just because you help create this beast does not mean you get to dictate the direction it takes....

S-

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I agree with Mr Winder

I gave up on Ansers after 25 years because the modern milled putters are so good,the feel off the face but also the consisyent strike off the face,worth every penny

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I agree with Mr Winder

I gave up on Ansers after 25 years because the modern milled putters are so good,the feel off the face but also the consisyent strike off the face,worth every penny

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Ok, where is the real, dave, and what have you done with him? The real dave NEVER would have given up onthe Ansers.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Lol, tried the Black before they came out with the Redwood but tbh its such a great putter and custom made for me so its staying

As for Cameron,its not unlike the Emporers new clothes.Just another tool to ett eh job done but instead it costs a bomb,and now it being 'collected'. Each to their own I suppose

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
dave, my SC costed the same amount as your black costs. You can't be using cost anymore bud:laugh:

GoodDay

Sep 22, 2006
This is one of the best threads ever on golf forums. It touches on so many topics -- marketing, pride in one's bag...game-improvement vs. players' equipment...and the snake-oil side of golf hocking/mass-marketing.

I do bag drop in the golf capital of the world at one of the most popular courses BTW. I see more "what's in the bag" than Golf Digest or TGC. LOL

Always compliment a SC owner on his choice of putters when you load his bag. Guaranteed good tip. LOL

;)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I've got the "milled" Redwood Anser putter and I've never putted this well in my life. And I tried SC when I was looking. :)

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Am I the only person who expects the 3 Billy Goats Gruff to come across the bridge any minute now?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country

T.A.O.A.T.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Are they outsourcing for Scotty now too?:D

R35

Naw, Mizuno and Bettinardi have their capacity under exclusive contract.:laugh:

donotfeedtrolls.gif

🔥 Latest posts

Members online