• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Flood: Status Report

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Well guys, IndacupGolf is about 80% back to normal after the bad 2008, topped off with the floods….<o></o>
<o></o>
Here’s a recap and status report….<o></o>
<o></o>
Our PCS Class “A” Clubfitter is back doing clubs again…unfortunately, the company he worked for “in real life” was destroyed by the floods and not sure if they will re-open up again.<o></o>
<o></o>
Our <st1:city w:st="on"><st1>Cedar Rapids</st1></st1:city> location suffered no damage “per se”, the course did…but the shop was fine.<o></o>
<o></o>
Unfortunately, the <st1:state w:st="on"><st1>Monticello</st1></st1:state> location suffered substantial damage… the course will probably be a par 68 the rest of the season as we had to turn the Par 5’s into 4’s.<o></o>
<o></o>
All components and supplies that were 24” or less from the floor were damaged or “questionably” damaged (meaning I could not guarantee rust wouldn’t soon start in the steel components).<o></o>
<o></o>
Luckily, we have things organized so most popular items were at eye level and the less popular further to the ground….so we lost all the Harrison, Penley, some older UST shafts…old iron and wood components etc.<o></o>
<o></o>
We decided to donate these to the boys and girls high school teams as well as anyone locally who had a 3.0 GPA who wanted to learn golf.<o></o>
<o></o>
As of Friday, our server is back to 100% in service…it was wiped out in the flood and you will see many changes to our website over the next couple weeks….sadly, one of the changes will most likely me removing a company off our product line because unlike many of our vendors who came to support and show sympathy, one actually showed no concern and actually did what I consider highly unprofessional and and borderline immoral behavior.<o></o>
<o></o>
On the flip side, we will bring in and increase offerings from a couple other companies that rose to the occasion.<o></o>
<o></o>
You will also be seeing soon some very good specials to help me recoup some of my losses in an expedited manner.Not only did/are we experiencing a set back in sales, but product and facility damage is not covered by the insurance company.

There is NO flood insurance here.
<o></o>

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Good to see you guys are above the flood line now, Rory.

Keep the guys posted on any blowouts you guys are having. I'm sure one of the salivating dogs will grab a few things. :D

Accuflex....whatcha got kicking around? (I'm assuming they're the company of which you speak poorly of...)

R35

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Dang Rory, is there any federal assistance available to your area?

Hopefully everything falls back into place for you and you can get back to 100%

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Good Luck, indacup!

You should post the name of the vendor without specific details. Could make a difference in whether members here buy that product in the future.

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Dang Rory, is there any federal assistance available to your area?

Hopefully everything falls back into place for you and you can get back to 100%

The only option I have is applying for a SBA loan...but our damages really don't warrant going to those lengths.

I prefer to see what we can do with some sales.

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Good Luck, indacup!

You should post the name of the vendor without specific details. Could make a difference in whether members here buy that product in the future.

I WAS tempted...but if I did that, I'd be no better than them.

Besides I believe they have a god product, and support the end users fairly...but what they did to us was unwarranted...and this is the third time they've done it...only this time, it was when we were the most desperate.

Basically, they took the "kick a man when he's down" attitude.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
That's terrible. IMO, a subtle hint would be a way to keep me from purchasing anything from them in the future. Especially in light of what you've had to endure over the last little while.

Don't kick a man while he's down, because when you turn around, he'll bite you in the ass. :D

R35

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Rory, I was unaware of a lot of this, sorry man, as the Argentinian football commentator once said "you guys took one hell of a beating".

Glad to see you are getting back to normal. I'll be getting some stuff form you for sure.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Sorry to hear about the flood issues Rory. Hope that supplier wasn't TourSwing.... :shocked:

Wish you the best getting back up to speed... :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.