• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Force Awakens...

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
You're welcome.

Aqua-size? You're a 70+ year old woman?
You would be surprised how good a workout it is. A lot of resistance and low impact on the joints. Besides, the 70 year olds love me.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
You would be surprised how good a workout it is. A lot of resistance and low impact on the joints. Besides, the 70 year olds love me.
I'm sure it is, especially on the stomach muscles as I'm puking my guts out watching you and your harem. :p

I wish I had access to a good sized pool. I would swim laps daily. Far prefer that to working out on weights or machines.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I'm sure it is, especially on the stomach muscles as I'm puking my guts out watching you and your harem. :p

I wish I had access to a good sized pool. I would swim laps daily. Far prefer that to working out on weights or machines.
It's better than just sitting here on the couch. Aqua-size 3 days a week at the club, Top Golf Tuesdays, and Tennis Drills on Thursday. I am still fat, but feel a whole lot better.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country

Don't you have access to a beach house? I'm guessing there's a pretty good size "pool" near by.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Back at it today at Top Golf. Just wrote a lengthy post about it in my RSi2 thread, but had a decent day concentrating on my irons. Had the top score for a while this morning using just the RSi 2's, but got bested by someone cranking the big dog out to the back of the range.

Good day at the range. Looking forward to getting back out again.

image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Another fun trip to TG this morning. Wife and Brother in Law in tow so not quite as many opportunities to hit today, but fun none the less.

As my wife and her brother are not exactly golfers, so I stuck pretty much to the short irons after the first game as not to discourage them. We ended up playing several games of Top Chip and I was really happy working on the short game with my wedges. I am starting to dial in the RSi2 PW which I used on the 90 yard target using a partial wedge shot for accuracy. I can get the 50 deg out there no problem, but my accuracy suffers on a full swing with the wedges. I was able to find a groove hitting partial PW into that target and significantly improve my left/right accuracy as well as distance control. I was quite pleased with the results.

A little bit cooler today with a breeze which was nice for a change for the surface of the sun (Texas in the summer) so it made for a more enjoyable range session. Looking forward to heading out there again, soon.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Another fun trip to TG this morning. Wife and Brother in Law in tow so not quite as many opportunities to hit today, but fun none the less.

As my wife and her brother are not exactly golfers, so I stuck pretty much to the short irons after the first game as not to discourage them. We ended up playing several games of Top Chip and I was really happy working on the short game with my wedges. I am starting to dial in the RSi2 PW which I used on the 90 yard target using a partial wedge shot for accuracy. I can get the 50 deg out there no problem, but my accuracy suffers on a full swing with the wedges. I was able to find a groove hitting partial PW into that target and significantly improve my left/right accuracy as well as distance control. I was quite pleased with the results.

A little bit cooler today with a breeze which was nice for a change for the surface of the sun (Texas in the summer) so it made for a more enjoyable range session. Looking forward to heading out there again, soon.
Testament to the change in club lofts, I play a 50°, instead of a PW, the PW in my set is 49°, so I like the vokey more, because it zips the ball really well. In modern sets I practically only play up to five iron, my four is 1° weaker than my buddy's rocket blade 5i. I have a three iron for my set, but it isn't worth it for me to keep it in the bag.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.