• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Force Awakens...

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
It may happen in April.

I have not been on a golf course in nearly a decade, but I am going to visit my folks in Naples in a little over a month and the live on a golf course and basically play golf everyday.

I will be happy if I can break 100.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
It may happen in April.

I have not been on a golf course in nearly a decade, but I am going to visit my folks in Naples in a little over a month and the live on a golf course and basically play golf everyday.

I will be happy if I can break 100.
Sister in law lives in Naples, is a veterinarian. In laws sold their house there yesterday, close next week.

Nice area, beautiful this time of year.

Dude, you suck. ;)

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Is it bad form to play off the seniors tees with my Dad if I am under 50 (close to it but still have a 4 as the first digit in my age)? Given the state of my game, the Gold tees are probably where I belong, anyway, but did not want to break any unwritten rules. Opinions?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Is it bad form to play off the seniors tees with my Dad if I am under 50 (close to it but still have a 4 as the first digit in my age)? Given the state of my game, the Gold tees are probably where I belong, anyway, but did not want to break any unwritten rules. Opinions?
Play from where ever you're comfortable. There's no 'rules' written or not about where you tee off from in a friendly game of golf with your dad.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Go for it. Use the most forward tees you want. Have fun!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
This from the guy who used to wear a skirt to play the ladies tees?

Play where dad plays. It's more about being with him than the golf, isn't it?

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
This from the guy who used to wear a skirt to play the ladies tees?

Play where dad plays. It's more about being with him than the golf, isn't it?
Exactly. That's the whole purpose of the trip. I would have not even thought about golfing on the visit, but it's what my Dad does. We spent a lot of time on the putting green at Lake Buena Vista @ Disney last fall when my parents visited with us during our vacation.

Thanks for the responses, guys.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Just tell em you are 75 and you have a good plastic surgeon. Spend time with your pops!

one_chip_short

Misplaced Texan
Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2017
Glendale, Az
Country
Golf for me is about being outside with people I enjoy ... it has nothing to do with the score, or which tees I play from. Some days the group I play with, we don't even bother writing the score down on the card most days.

Soak up the time with Dad ... it does come to end, so enjoy it while you can.

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Play from whatever tees you want to!!! We get all hung up on tee designations. The game needs to be enjoyable. Our weekday group plays the senior tees. Heck, I'm 70. Deserve it. On weekends, I like to join the flat-bellies from one of the back sets of tees. Changes the course management. Changes the game up a little.
Enjoy the time with your dad. One never knows what tomorrow will bring.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
And when your dad beats your ass from the senior tees, be sure to tell us. :)
I am sure he will. He is golfing just about daily. I have not golfed on a course in a decade nor touched a club in about a year.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online