• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Force Awakens...

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
I have this PING thing.............it's chronic.............
injection.jpg

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Ventured out to Top Golf today with the wife for a couple of hours and got to hit the new additions to the bag. Pretty good day hitting wise, but inconsistent scoring as I wanted to try out the new additions.

Hopkins wedges were money. Used the 58* and 50* in a game of Top Chip and scored my best score to date in that game. Almost jarred my first shot with the 58* on the 25 yard target and hit 3 out of 5 on the target just missing one left and getting an unlucky bounce out on the other. 4 out of 5 at the 50 yard target due a monster bounce across the entire target, again with the 58*. 8 out of 10 at the 90 yard target with the 50*, both misses were pulled just left and long. Love the feel and the looks of these puppies, they are in the bag for good.

The TEE 11.5* 3w was a huge improvement over my driver. While I still had some misses, they stayed on planet and would have been playable out on the course. Was using it teed up to start, but as time was running out I started hitting them off the deck. I hit this thing even better off the the turf than I did from the tee. Would have had my best score of the day at Top Golf if I could have gotten the 20th shot off before tine ran out. Just like at the PGA show in 2008, This club is going to be money. It's staying in the bag.

The Adams Super 9031 Hybrids definitely are what I was looking for. Ball flight is lower and they are harder for me to hook which is my typical hybrid miss. While I still managed a hook or two with them, I was quite pleased with the lower, more penetrating ball flight and the consistency I was getting out of them. They are staying in the bag.

In general, I had a better ball striking day than I have had in my comeback. It lead to some scoring inconsistency as I am getting more distance out of my clubs and I over flew some targets on quite a few shots.

Another great day to be golfing.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Internet says 68º and beautiful outside. Here I am...writing code like a sucker in the office....

Maybe this weekend I can get out on the course.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
88F and the sun is out today for the first time in forever in North Texas. Almost felt a bit hot out there.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Was 93° today here In mass, 80 something % humidity... Was downright oppressive.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Was 93° today here In mass, 80 something % humidity... Was downright oppressive.
A bit early for that up there. I grew up just down the road from you in a house without A/C so I can feel your pain. Thankfully, we did not get a lot of that kind of weather up there, but it still beats the dead of winter.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I have a TEE CB4 three wood. It is great off the tee box and even better off the turf. Easy to elevate and very long. They are tough to beat.

I believe you guys already! ;) Glad you like them. I like the larger footprint and launch/feel of the PING K15 fairways - they just work for my swing.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
A bit early for that up there. I grew up just down the road from you in a house without A/C so I can feel your pain. Thankfully, we did not get a lot of that kind of weather up there, but it still beats the dead of winter.
If you don't mind my asking, where did you grow up? And other than no golf, I much prefer the dead of winter to the summer haze. It's not as much the heat we get, but the humidity that really pisses me off, we will get 93° or so, but with 95% humidity, it feels like 103°, and we get more Mosquitos and may flies than a goddamn pigs carcass!

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
West Andover near where 93 and 495 cross, just off River Road. Played some golf at Trull Brook and Hickory Hill.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
If you don't mind my asking, where did you grow up? And other than no golf, I much prefer the dead of winter to the summer haze. It's not as much the heat we get, but the humidity that really pisses me off, we will get 93° or so, but with 95% humidity, it feels like 103°, and we get more Mosquitos and may flies than a goddamn pigs carcass!
This has been the weather in NC all my life.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online