• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The "Gimmicky Stuff" thread

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
upload_2018-7-27_10-37-58.png

Seriously... "Our chrome-plated steel doesn't absorb water."
facepalm.gif

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I believe the finish on my iBlades is that "Hydropearl". Some folks have complained about it. Mine do not even show any bag chatter. Love them! Of course, as well as the iBlades have treated me, they could be rusted and beat up and I'd still like them!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
That finish above is the Hydropearl 2.0. The finish on the iBlades, G700's and others is the original and from what I've seen has been hit or miss in the durability department.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
The hyrdopearl finish on my G400 irons was getting a bit marked up from bag chatter, especially the W and UW. I used a green Scotchbrite pad and some Barkeeper's Friend powder/water mix and that frosty finish actually scrubs off leaving a mildly shiny chrome. Eventually, I will do the rest of the irons as they wear. This picture isn't that great but all the marks are gone.

20180730_132019.jpg

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
The hyrdopearl finish on my G400 irons was getting a bit marked up from bag chatter, especially the W and UW. I used a green Scotchbrite pad and some Barkeeper's Friend powder/water mix and that frosty finish actually scrubs off leaving a mildly shiny chrome. Eventually, I will do the rest of the irons as they wear. This picture isn't that great but all the marks are gone.

20180730_132019.jpg
That is the exact thing I have planned for this week. I despise iron head covers but don't want these G700's all effed up because of the silly finish. BKF and Scotchbrite and the head covers go the way of the dodo.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
That is the exact thing I have planned for this week. I despise iron head covers but don't want these G700's all effed up because of the silly finish. BKF and Scotchbrite and the head covers go the way of the dodo.
Still cannot comprehend that the two of you have held onto a set of irons long enough to see any mars... other than where you didn't get all the goo off from the price tag!!!:D:D:D

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Still cannot comprehend that the two of you have held onto a set of irons long enough to see any mars... other than where you didn't get all the goo off from the price tag!!!:D:D:D
This might be the longest I've had irons...and they aren't going anywhere. :D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.