• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The golf bag 2008

LoLovesGolf

Aug 14, 2008
Sounds Good

Sounds good. I have a few cobra's and let my son borrow them. He dented my driver:real angry:...Gotta get some Big Bertha's now?!

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
Putfile sux...

Why?

And what the heck is this:

19718391324.jpg

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I don't. Way, way too expensive.

I've never played, but I imagine that shooting people without seriously injuring them would be expensive.

I prefer taking people golfing, which inevitably leads to them shooting themselves. It's cheaper, and the blame does not rest on you.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I don't. Way, way too expensive.

I used to play Professionally.. Played 7 years total, 4 doing the traveling thing.

Been to LA, Chicago, Boston, Orlando, Dallas, Denver, Pittsburg, Vegas, ect..

Played back when 10 man was still around, Did 5 man, did the first season of the NPPL/PSP split, and did 7 Man NPPL, and PSP X-Ball.

Had a JT, Diablo(Draxxus), Viewloader, Evil Sponsership. Then DYE, Smart Parts, and Odessey(Halo) and Nelson paint sponsership.

Had a few others.. It was the only way I could afford to play.. Because I didn't have to pay finally.

It was fun, but got old quick. I missed school and work alot. Couldn't have a girlfriend cause "what happens on the road, stays on the road" *ahem*.. Last tournament I played an entire season, we got 3rd place at World Cup.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I used to play Professionally.. Played 7 years total, 4 doing the traveling thing.

Been to LA, Chicago, Boston, Orlando, Dallas, Denver, Pittsburg, Vegas, ect..

Played back when 10 man was still around, Did 5 man, did the first season of the NPPL/PSP split, and did 7 Man NPPL, and PSP X-Ball.

Had a JT, Diablo(Draxxus), Viewloader, Evil Sponsership. Then DYE, Smart Parts, and Odessey(Halo) and Nelson paint sponsership.

Had a few others.. It was the only way I could afford to play.. Because I didn't have to pay finally.

It was fun, but got old quick. I missed school and work alot. Couldn't have a girlfriend cause "what happens on the road, stays on the road" *ahem*.. Last tournament I played an entire season, we got 3rd place at World Cup.
I've got to say, that's pretty impressive!

The only issue I have with Paintball is the reliance on full-auto as a tactical advantage. I'd much prefer to see matches where actual shooting and stalking skills come into play, and the guns are pump-action only. Imagine someone actually having a chance to run from one barrier to the next without getting hosed by 500 paintballs. Where the shooter actually has to work to get a hit.

I'm sure I have no idea how hard it is to actually play the game, but every time I watch it all I see are people hosing down barriers and getting hit when they pop up for a shot.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I've got to say, that's pretty impressive!

The only issue I have with Paintball is the reliance on full-auto as a tactical advantage. I'd much prefer to see matches where actual shooting and stalking skills come into play, and the guns are pump-action only. Imagine someone actually having a chance to run from one barrier to the next without getting hosed by 500 paintballs. Where the shooter actually has to work to get a hit.

I'm sure I have no idea how hard it is to actually play the game, but every time I watch it all I see are people hosing down barriers and getting hit when they pop up for a shot.

You can't play with F/A in tournament play. Back when I played it was semi ONLY. Most guns didn't even do full auto or ramp modes..

However, when I quit, Ramp mode was allowed in XBall, and was limited to 15 balls per second. Sure, it's alot of paint. Figure 5 guys, turning on the break, 15 balls a second, and you have 20 seconds of consistent shooting from both sides.. thats 3000 paintballs shot in 20 seconds on the field. You'd be surprised how agile and quick you can be and use blind spots.

The reasons the guns make a big deal, is because if you keep paint in the air, they can't move, or are forced to battle gun for gun, in which case you have a better chance if your a better player, and allows you and your team to move to blinds to shoot and not get shot at.

It's technical, but yeah.. it's hard, and the faster the game has gotten over the years, the less technical it's become. It's a matter of timing, trickery, practice in snapping, and just plain dumb luck sometimes.

But like you said, in rec play at the local field, it's no where near as fast as tournaments, and while kids run around with $2000 set ups, they aren't technical enough to make use of it. It's like golf really.. :) Pump play is very fun. It's slow shooting, and makes you think about your moves.. Woods ball and stalking I hate, I like the "chess" like moves you make on a airball/speedball field. You have to know your lanes.

🔥 Latest posts