1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Great Gun Debate

Discussion in 'No Golf For You!' started by eclark53520, Sep 25, 2009.

1. nututhugame

nututhugame Winter Sucks! Supporting Member

United States United States
    Nope.... i'm reading they were all killed with the rifle. It doesn't really matter, just keepin things correct here.

2. Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer Golfer on hiatus. Supporting Member

See it's conflicting reports, everything I have read so far says it was with the 2 handguns that supposedly belonged to his mom.

3. Dogfish Head

Dogfish Head Well-Known Member TEA is my HERO

Admin Post
    CNN is reporting that the medical examiner said the rifle was used.

4. Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer Golfer on hiatus. Supporting Member

And i'm reading on Drudge right now they are saying what I initially said.

"
    He was carrying three weapons including two handguns and a rifle and was wearing a bullet-proof vest, a mask and black military gear.
    Three guns were found at the scene - a Glock and a Sig Sauer, both pistols - and a .223-caliber rifle.
    The rifle was recovered from the back of a car at the school. The two pistols were recovered from inside the school. They were legally registered to Nancy Lanza."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2248782/High-school-tech-club-student-turned-cold-blooded-executioner-How-classmates-remember-genius-Adam-Lanza.html#ixzz2FASQgwzZ
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

ai.dailymail.co.uk_i_pix_2012_12_15_article_2248197_16857C87000005DC_954_634x1030.

5. eclark53520

eclark53520 DB Member Extraordinaire Supporting Member

Like the Brady campaign?

6. eclark53520

The second amendment doesn't require the citizens of this country to need a weapon to own it. Meaning nobody needs to explain why they own the weapons they do.

7. anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic Refusing Recovery Supporting Member

Id like to point out that it would be very easy to kill a room full of people without a gun. For less than a hundred bucks some freak could make a nail bomb in a book bag. Just sayin.

8. eclark53520

Already brought it up, it was dismissed as usual. Because bombs aren't powerful enough and most people don't know how...according to opinion here anyway.

9. TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview "Playing it straight" Supporting Member

Australia Australia
    That one went over my head E. The only Brady I know of is "Mike Brady" but I understand he bit the dust due to Aids not lead poisoning. :)

10. EnglishGolfer

EnglishGolfer Talks a good game

But the sickos who 'snap' psychologically aren't interested in that, they want to be part of it - everyone that's why I posted links to info about how many US citizens are in psychotherapy a few pages back.

The crux of the matter is that if I was having this discussion face to face with some of you and I was the most obnoxious, and liberal left wing person you'd met, how much of me irritating you right in your face would it take before you considered pulling out your gun? In essence, I don't trust anyone with a gun who isn't in a military uniform (and supposed to be, I say that before u make any glib remarks about nutters dressed in camo' gear)

11. Dogfish Head

Dogfish Head Well-Known Member TEA is my HERO

Admin Post
    Yes people make bombs. The people who shot up Columbine actually made them. They failed. Their guns didn't.

12. eclark53520

Wow. You have serious trust issues.

I work with some extremely liberal people. I do not hate them, I would never pull out my weapon out of anger. Its a tool to protect myself and mine. Don't threaten my life, which you as an upstanding member of society would never do, and you have absolutely nothing to worry about. You could spit in my face, call my mother a whore, and I won't do a thing. Not boasting, I and the vast majority of gun owners take it very seriously.

I understand you don't like guns. You don't have to like them, just understand that not everyone with a gun is a criminal. I've met many people on this board, I would bet anything every single one of them would vouch for me. Im just as normal as you.

I offer to introduce anyone to guns. At my own expense with ammo and range fees. Every single person i have taken to the range has come out having a lot of fun. Several were staunch liberal anti gun. They still won't own one, but are far more open to them once hey realize what they are and have handled a few.

I offer that to you as well English. If you ever find yourself in Wisconsin and think you want to try it out once. You owe it to yourself to at least try it. Its a lot of fun.

13. TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview "Playing it straight" Supporting Member

Australia Australia
    I'm not posting this image to incite, more to stimulate (hopefully) sensible discussion.

afbcdn_sphotos_b_a.akamaihd.net_hphotos_ak_ash4_380335_204794686312177_188186840_n.

14. nututhugame

nututhugame Winter Sucks! Supporting Member

I just watched the news conference with the medical examiner who confirmed several times that it was the long rifle. He even answered a question with a description of the what that bullet does by design.

15. anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic Refusing Recovery Supporting Member

I would be a fool to argue with you. So I'll keep my mouth shut.

16. eclark53520

And how many were suicides? How many were gang on gang violence? How many were self defense shootings? How many were ruled accidental?

Propaganda photo's and numbers are typically horse hockey. I don't believe for a second it wasn't posted to incite. Those numbers are worthless without knowing where they come from and how they were obtained.

17. EnglishGolfer

To put things from another perspective, it's illegal for a person to operate a motor vehicle after consuming a rather small amount of alcohol - so what's to stop them pulling a gun on the first person that upsets them in their inebriated state? These things are life takers, what place do they have in day to day civilized society?

Furthermore, if you close your eyes and imagine a utopian future in a few hundred years, do you still imagine people armed? Or do you visualise everyone getting on? I carefully chose the word "utopian" so as to get you to imagine the best possible world you are able to, so please don't try to twist it to mean anything negative.

18. EnglishGolfer

I don't mind what conclusion you arrive at, you'd only be a fool if you didn't consider the facts and evidence of both sides ;-)

19. eclark53520

My utopia still involves guns. They're a hobby of mine that I enjoy very much. Just like fishing, golf, motorcycles, etc. Some of my best memories involves shooting guns(including semi-auto as you call them 'assault' type weapons) with my family. They have been a part of my life since I was very young. I wouldn't give them up for anything.

20. EnglishGolfer

[quoteclark53520, post: 381550, member: 3701"]My utopia still involves guns. They're a hobby of mine that I enjoy very much. Just like fishing, golf, motorcycles, etc. Some of my best memories involves shooting guns(including semi-auto as you call them 'assault' type weapons) with my family. They have been a part of my life since I was very young. I wouldn't give them up for anything.[/quote]

What would be wrong with them being kept at rifle ranges? (I'm trying to meet you half way ;-).)