• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

THE MATCH: Tiger vs. Phil on Thanksgiving Weekend in Las Vegas

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
@TigerWoods I see you have a left-handed driver, well played. I hope it's a Callaway pic.twitter.com/qWuXsGVC6z
— Phil Mickelson (@PhilMickelson) August 22, 2018

THE TIGER WOODS-PHIL MICKELSON match is on. The golf titans (or old warhorses?) will square off on Thanksgiving weekend at Shadow Creek Golf Course in Las Vegas. It's a $9 million winner-take-all match.

"We're going to have fun doing something that's never been done before," Tiger said, "and have on pay-per-view and doing something, trying to showcase golf and showcase golf in a different way."

Judging from social media, many are not enthusiastic about this event.

Associated Press golf writer Doug Ferguson said on Facebook:

"Tiger v. Phil feels phony to me. The whole Tiger-Phil thing is 10 years past its due date. Phil joins Twitter the day of the announcement. That was about as genuine as the “trash talk” that is sure to follow. Pay-per-view. Makes you wonder how many networks had a chance to take it and said no. And then to steal the name from 'The Match' featuring Hogan and Nelson vs. Ward and Venturi."

I am a golf fan, and furthermore a Tiger fan, but I have 0 interest in this Tiger-Phil match. The match does not count for anything AND they want us to shell out money... I don't understand the appeal #TigerVSPhil
— Randy Kulina (@RandyKulina) August 24, 2018

"Tiger vs Phil. Does anybody really care?" asked GolfShake.com.

I would watch this match if it was on TV. Pay per view? It seems doubtful at the moment.

Source: THE MATCH: Tiger vs. Phil on Thanksgiving Weekend in Las Vegas

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.