• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The most important equipment decision you'll ever make

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
Guys, we've discussed drivers, fairways, hybrids, irons, wedges and putters. hell, we've discussed balls and bags. However, we've left out the most important piece of equipment out there.

Golf towels.

Do you use a towel designed and marketed as a "golf towel"?

callaway-tri-fold-golf-towel-navy.jpg

or do you re purpose something else?

51RYUo%2BOHYL._SY300_.jpg

I'm a dish towel guy.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I've been given so many golf towels between holidays, golf trips, tournaments back in the day that I've gotten used to the golf towel set up to hang on the bag. So, that's what I use. Not sure I've ever paid for one.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Both. Large Titleist golf towel affixed to the bag. Old, ragged, dirty, trashy, used-to-be-white, stolen-from-hotel-somewhere towel that accompanies me to the green. If I carry a wedge and a putter to chip and putt with, the towel with the wedge keeps me from leaving the club behind. The old towel can wipe mud, sand, snot, etc. off the ball before I putt. Wife has almost banned me from tossing it in the laundry, it looks so bad.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I use one of those golf towel jobs with the slit in them and I stick it over/around my 3W because I use that club like twice in a round.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I use a golf towel hung from the bag...

I think I got it for Christmas years back. Works great, I don't think I've ever washed it. It gets rained on every once in awhile...that's probably good enough.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I have a Bridgestone Towel (free when I bought a couple of dozens of B330RX like 10 years ago), which I've used maybe twice and a UoL Cardinal towel which I don't know what it was designed to do. 90% of the time I use a surgical cloth instead
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1484538455.992506.jpg

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I'll use a towel from the cart, if the course provides them. If not, I have a Ping towel and a ShotTalk towel on my bag as backups.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I'll use a towel from the cart, if the course provides them. If not, I have a Ping towel and a ShotTalk towel on my bag as backups.
A course provided towel? What posh bullshit is that? Damn, I'm happy if the cart I'm assigned has air in the tires.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.