• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Official 2015-2016 PGA Tour Fizzle/Sizzle Thread

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Alright, I think everyone here knows the rules, however, for any newcomers I will lay them out below:

• Pick 1 PGA Tour professional golfer to Sizzle, this means you believe his WGR score will go up between now and the end of the PGA season.
  • Pick 1 PGA Tour professional golfer to Fizzle, this means you believe his WGR score will go down between now and the end of the PGA season.
Picks are due by next Thursday October 15th @ 12:00 AM! Scores will be recorded when I get around to it on that Thursday. End scores will be recorded after the Tour Championship late September 2016.

I will start a spreadsheet and note the current WGR scores of everyone's picks, at the end of the year, I will get their scores again and do the calculations. The calculation is below:

(SizzleEndWGR - SizzleStartWGR) + (-(FizzleEndWGR - FizzleStartWGR)) = Total Adjusted Score

So for an example - Both the Fizzle an the Sizzle gain, the gain of the fizzle hurts your score.

Sizzle Start Score : 10
Sizzle End Score: 20
Fizzle Start Score: 5
Fizzle End Score: 10

( 20 - 10) + ( - ( 10 - 5) ) =
( 10 ) + (-(5)) =
( 10 ) + ( -5 ) = 5

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask. If anyone wants to put some skin in the game, I'm willing to hold as I have done before for this forum.

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Sizzle: Tony Finau
Fizzle: Henrik Stenson

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Sizzle - Paul Casey
Fizzle - Patrick Reed

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Who near the top will lose their swing? Who will have a tough year and disappear from leaderboards? For me, it was between Adam Scott, Jim Furyk, and Bubba Watson. Scott may have a difficult time transitioning from the broomstick to traditional length putter. Furyk is getting up in age and his homemade swing has to come apart at some time. But, my choice to FIZZLE is Bubba. Another odd swing that one little physical ailment can derail. Emotions that may not deal well with a swing that gives him trouble.

And, who will finally find their swing and we begin seeing them most every Sunday? I like Danny Lee. He moved up something like 300 places this year. Still missing quite a few cuts and really streaky. I like Paul Casey. But, he should have been up there a couple years ago. So, I'm going with Bill Haas. He has the genes. His confidence should be enhanced after the President's cup experience. I'd like to see Haas be up there with the "posse of young guns"... Spieth, Day, McElroy, etc.

Sizzle: Bill Haas
Fizzle: Bubba Watson

WWBDD

Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2013
Country
Canada Canada
New picks ... scratch Sang Moon Bae ... he's off to the army.

Fizzle - Brooks Koepka
Sizzle - Matt Jones

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
New picks ... scratch Sang Moon Bae ... he's off to the army.

Fizzle - Brooks Koepka
Sizzle - Matt Jones

I like this, if you make new pics, Please state that they are new in the post or quote your old pics so I can go update the spreadsheet. Thanks!

🔥 Latest posts