• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Official Motorcycle Thread

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Isn't that the same board where some idiot put the NOS NRG drink in his fuel tank?

You got some real winners on there lol

Oh yeah, lol. The consistent members are great though,no nonsense riders. Lots of track riders and racers too.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
HOLY SHIT I FOUND IT!!!!!

The 1 and only thread i have in my subscriptions. And all that time i spent trying to look through pages and pages of the forums...wasted...

So...my seats are scheduled to arrive today from Spencer's at greatdaytoride.com and i probably won't be able to get my bike out of storage till Sunday :(

Gotta stop by Madison Motorsports and grab an oil filter, air filter, brake pads, and possibly a chain/sprocket set. I should replace my coolant and brake fluid too...but i think i'l wait till fall to do that.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Glad you found this thread.

I never change my brake fluid, will flush it when I replace lines but that's it.

You gonna go stock gearing or not? Dropping down a tooth on the front & going up a couple on the back will really improve your acceleration, will hurt the top end a bit though. Regeared mine & now it only gets to 174 mph:D

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I was thinking about going down one in front. Top speed doesn't really do anything for me since the bike only does 130ish anyway, and it takes a good bit to get from 125 up to 130 lol

This fall i think i am going to put some new springs up front with different fork oil and possibly emulators to keep up with the ZX-10R shock i put in the rear. Huge up grade from the stock rear shock, but it really points out the flaws in the front suspension now.

I might go to some SS brake lines this fall. I'm pretty sure the brake fluid and coolant are original to the bike from '03 so they're probably due

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I bought all stainless brake lines for my R1 but have only installed the rear. Front set is more of a bitch to install and not in a big hurry.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I stopped down to Madison Motorsports last night after work and picked up the brake pads and oil filter. I pretty much buy anything i can from them. Good people and i like to see people like that stay in business.

Looking around online today for an air filter because the only one they can get me is a K&N and i don't really want a K&N, i checked prices on the brake pads. I couldn't find anyone selling those pads for closer than $10 over what i paid there and thats not including shipping. Judy also quoted me about $10 under everyone else for that K&N air filter as well.

You planning on stopping by their 'find our store' event WG? I wen't last year, and will go this year as well. Good food, good people, and some nice bikes show up too.

Ordered a stock air filter and spark plugs from bike bandit today. Should be good to go.

Really thinking hard about a long ride up to the UP of Michigan this summer...anyone got good places to checkout/stay up there?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I stopped down to Madison Motorsports last night after work and picked up the brake pads and oil filter. I pretty much buy anything i can from them. Good people and i like to see people like that stay in business.

You planning on stopping by their 'find our store' event WG? I wen't last year, and will go this year as well. Good food, good people, and some nice bikes show up too.

I buy tires, batteries, etc from Steve & Judy & you are correct that they come damn close if not at times beating online pricing. Yes I will go to the event this year, was kinda indisposed last year.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I buy tires, batteries, etc from Steve & Judy & you are correct that they come damn close if not at times beating online pricing. Yes I will go to the event this year, was kinda indisposed last year.

Yeah, hows that coming along? All the dizziness worked itself out now?

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Oh...i thought maybe you tossed it down the pavement again.

No tires for me yet...i still have a few thousand left on these. I will probably have to replace them around june or so...

Battery...its probably going to need replacing too soon. As far as i know its original...so its 7 years old at this point. Showed no signs of having problems last year so hopefully i can make it another season or two with it. The bike isn't primary transport so it really ins't that big of a deal.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
eric - the ride to copper harbor is nice; there are some pretty rough/bumpy spots however. If you do take a ride through the UP you should stop at my house, we'll throw something on the grill.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
eric - the ride to copper harbor is nice; there are some pretty rough/bumpy spots however. If you do take a ride through the UP you should stop at my house, we'll throw something on the grill.

Sweet, thanks for the invite man! I will definitely stop by if i end up getting up there. I have some extra time off that i want to schedule so i can get a nice long ride in this summer, and the UP is first on the list.

Is your cell number the same?

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online