• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Official Motorcycle Thread

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Sunday was a busy day.

The little lady decided that for her birthday (may 12th) she wanted the main bathroom renovated. She also figured out that Menards(kinda like home depot) gives you a free loan(0% interest) for a year on purchases above $299. So...spend $1200 on new vanity, sink/counter top/faucet, tile flooring/trim, toilet, and all the related tools/adhesive/etc. $100/month for a year for a new bathroom? Not bad I say. I may change my tune once i tear into it though....lol

So after getting all that back to the house(2 trips), i go get my ass handed to me playing basketball by two 14 year olds.

Pulled the SV off the trailer after unhooking the battery tender and she fired off as if shes been running all winter. It was approx 34º when i left town(sun was well down) for the 40ish mile ride home. Hands were beyond cold...

She needs a bath though...apparently i put it away in a haste last fall as the snow was coming in quickly so i never washed it before storing it. Oil change/air filter/spark plugs/brake pads coming up.

Time to wear out some rubber boys!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
You're all making me jealous! Grr...

In related news, I think I saw my bike yesterday. Let the cops know, and hopefully I did.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
That's how I learned to ride, and how every rider I know, learned. Now if I could just finish my project and get out there... Still sitting in about 200 pieces in the garage. Gotta get my frame mods finished and fab my seat, which will be done over the winter at some point if I get time. Have my buddy help me look over the engine (he knows the internals better than I do for sure) and reassemble the bike and be riding by next June, hopefully.

Jake, hows this coming along?

Did you get it finished before going to school?

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
You're all making me jealous! Grr...

In related news, I think I saw my bike yesterday. Let the cops know, and hopefully I did.

Check the VIN brah!!! Just act dumb if its not yours and the owner catches you....you were trying to see if it had a turbo...lol

And if it is yours and the theif see's you, kick his ass seabass!!!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Well, it was on the road. But if I catch it at a stand-still...:)

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Jake, hows this coming along?

Did you get it finished before going to school?

meh. I need to find a new carb, repaint the frame, get new sprockets, new tires, and upholster the seat. and some of the electrical harness might need to be replaced. in other words, nowhere near done.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Hmmm...

Card, don't know too much about. Paint? Just rattlecan it brah, get some good stuff, make that baby your own. Tires? Me too, gonna just hit up a local shop and have em put on. Upholster the seat? Buy a sweet leather one, hehe. Eletrical harness is a PITA though, my heart goes out to ya.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
meh. I need to find a new carb, repaint the frame, get new sprockets, new tires, and upholster the seat. and some of the electrical harness might need to be replaced. in other words, nowhere near done.

Thats a helluva project though. I would love to see pics of the progress if you wouldn't mind taking some. Build pics are always fun to look at.

My big custom project for the summer is HID headlights and projector retrofitting into the stock headlight housing. Going with a Bi-xenon FX-R projector...i will definitely be taking and posting pics of that(if i can ever find a headlight housing) Been talking to a guy, and its been two weeks since he said he was going to get me a shipping quote....i'm not holding my breath. I don't want to use mine, because that means downtime...and its just finally getting warm enough to ride, so i'm not fond of down time.

Last night i put in the air filter and spark plugs. Good thing, the original air filter was pretty nasty, all the pleats were full of shit. Even found a couple bee's in there.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I shit you not, there were TWO car vs horse accidents within a month of each other, the latest one happening three weeks ago. The first one was car vs multiple horses....it wasn't pretty for the horses, the second was car vs horse with rider...everyone lived. My question, why ride your horses on a state highway? The state has several horse trails in the area...

Just ordered these...half the price of comparable systems and it has gotten fantastic reviews....hopefully it wasn't a waste of money....i'm not much for music, but when i get a NAV system, and letting the little lady be more specific about why she wants to stop somewhere

Amazon.com: new! Motorcycle Bluetooth Multi Interphone headsets: Electronics

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Cool. Dad has the Scala bluetooth doobie. It's kind of an ass about needing to be re-paired all the time, but it's cool when it's working I guess.

Kwak needs all its juices and plugs changed, not sure when I'll get around to it. Considering putting the smoto wheels back on the KTM tonight so I can scoot around town tomorrow. Meh. Just haven't been much for riding lately for some reason.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Still need to rejet the 250R Ninja, thing is so cold blooded & takes forever to warm up. Adding the Two Brothers pipe didn't help with the lean condition either:D. Have the jet kit but that bike is a pain in the ass to pull the carbs, have to just about disassemble 1/2 the bike to get to them.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Still need to rejet the 250R Ninja, thing is so cold blooded & takes forever to warm up. Adding the Two Brothers pipe didn't help with the lean condition either:D. Have the jet kit but that bike is a pain in the ass to pull the carbs, have to just about disassemble 1/2 the bike to get to them.

Speaking of that, i ha to pull the entire intake off of the Tiburon to change the rear 3 spark plugs...what a joke.

Plugs on the SV were easy, seat off, prop tank, change rear(change air filter while i'm in there). Three bolts, pivot the radiator up, change front, done.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I really hope i didn't get screwed on those interphone deals...

I got the email from Amazon confirming the order...but nothing from the seller themselves...i'm waiting out the 'suggested arrival period' which ends the first of April and then what do i do? Can i file a complaint with Amazon? I've never had a problem before and i suspect it will show up eventually but just in case.

There is a review(favorable for the most part) on web bike world. AKE BT Multi-Interphone Intercom - webBikeWorld

A little clip from it...

From "J.E." (2/10): "These Bluetooth Interphones are available in North America from a few different sources ... comes with two USB and North American plug powercube chargers.

We purchased a pair last summer (when they were $132.00) and used them for several extended rides. I would agree with the reviewer on all points except we had no problems mounting them in Scorpion or HJC helmets.

Useable range is easily 500 m and they paired easily with our cell-phones and GPS. Talk time with intermittent use was well over 5 hours. They use the same CSR Bluetooth chipset as some of the "name brand" much more expensive Interphones.

All in all they are great and I'm not sure why anyone would have to spend any more on an intercom system."

🔥 Latest posts