• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Original Big Swinger

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
I'd bet my house on your bad shot being a snap hook. VERY strong hands and with your left elbow floating out instead of being parallel to your right elbow you are increasing this strength. You have quite a sway going on too. Sort these out and get a hair cut and you're laughing!
icon10.gif

On the upside you probably hit quite penetrating shots with your irons in particular.

OP
Davebud

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
EG I was hooking the crap out of the ball the other day, although that was once I hit the course. Video was at the range before I went out, and they were pretty good, that particular shot was really 280 straight. Off the range, although we were moved forward from where you would normally hit by 50 or 60 feet. From the concrete deck and strike pads the range is 320 deep and I get shots out there on about every third or fourth tee shot. I knew something was wrong with my swing though, because my driver was for crap, and hooking, both things that are normally not problems for me.

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
Davebud said:
EG I was hooking the crap out of the ball the other day.

Freeze the clip just before you start your swing and look at the amount of daylight between your body and left arm, it's like you've got someone in a headlock!
icon10.gif
On this particular occasion at impact you recreate the elbow/body distance effectively holding the face open enough to get away with it. If you don't get this right you could well hook it so much that you might need to duck! LOL. If you take a more conventional arm position at set up it will be easier to return to that position at impact and you will straighten up immediately..................... I promise!!!

On second viewing, the sway I mentioned before is mainly with your hips and not your whole body as I first thought which is a doddle to reign in a bit in no time at all. This will improve your balance at the end of the shot (that and not trying to explode the ball!).

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
Davebud said:
EG I was hooking the crap out of the ball the other day, although that was once I hit the course. Video was at the range before I went out, and they were pretty good, that particular shot was really 280 straight. Off the range, although we were moved forward from where you would normally hit by 50 or 60 feet. From the concrete deck and strike pads the range is 320 deep and I get shots out there on about every third or fourth tee shot. I knew something was wrong with my swing though, because my driver was for crap, and hooking, both things that are normally not problems for me.
your ss looks no more than 105-110. i truely do NOT beleive that you hit the ball over 300 yards.

OP
Davebud

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Would you like a note from my mommy or the Golf Pro at my course(Whom I can outdrive)? Dude I really don't care if you believe it, but like I have said before, it is the one part of the game I do really well. I have yet to break 100, but I have driven past 2 different par 4's. Next video I do I will point the camera down the range and see if I can get where the balls come down in the video.

OP
Davebud

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
EnglishGolfer said:
Freeze the clip just before you start your swing and look at the amount of daylight between your body and left arm, it's like you've got someone in a headlock!
icon10.gif
On this particular occasion at impact you recreate the elbow/body distance effectively holding the face open enough to get away with it. If you don't get this right you could well hook it so much that you might need to duck! LOL. If you take a more conventional arm position at set up it will be easier to return to that position at impact and you will straighten up immediately..................... I promise!!!

On second viewing, the sway I mentioned before is mainly with your hips and not your whole body as I first thought which is a doddle to reign in a bit in no time at all. This will improve your balance at the end of the shot (that and not trying to explode the ball!).

EG that was a problem the other day too, keeping my balance after the swing, also another thing I usually do not have a problem with. I believe that half my problems come from the fact that I have really been trying to rework my Iron swing so that I can play my irons decently, and now I can't seem to hit anything but my PW well.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I'm not good enough to comment on the swing (EG has said anything that I would), I'm just giving kudos for posting, it takes a set of "steelies". I haven't done it yet!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Would you like a note from my mommy or the Golf Pro at my course

:biglol:

My mom would lie about my driving distance if I asked her to. :D
She keeps asking me if I want her to buy me a new driver. Do you need a new driver, honey? How much money do you need for a good one?

Moms are great.

🔥 Latest posts