• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Perfect Course?

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Very very true, not so sure about Alabama though. Weather in the winter, at least the northern areas such as Tuscumbia can get pretty darn cold & they do have ice storms. Granted it's short lived & a day later they are playing golf, but it's not like living in Phoenix, although it's a hell of a lot cheaper to live & golf in Alabama.

I think I need a few cold days JUST TO KNOW I'M ALIVE. Then paradise can continue. Agreed living is Phoenix/Scottsdale/Tempe/ area is $$$$$$.

Irish

May 9, 2007
I don't think courses with replica holes can really be considered within the perfect course, having replica holes simply means that the course doesn't really possess any identity of its own and to be the perfect golf course it must have its own identity.

my perfect course would naturally have to be a links so that straight away nature has played her part in the design process of the land...I think if I could combine the back nine in ballybunion and the bask nine inn tralee then you wouldn't be far away....

Ballybunion Golf Club - Kerry Ireland
Tralee Golf Course - Welcome

see 17th at Tralee
hole17p.jpg

OP
MyBluC4

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Eracer,
Glad to hear you liked Old Corkscrew. I knew it was a winner the minute I drove up.

OP
MyBluC4

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
I'm adding The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island to my list of perfect 18. Equal to Quaker Ridge, my first choice, and on par with I'm sure any course in America. Just a fantastic experience.

OP
MyBluC4

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
While no one mentioned Baltusrol, the upper course is pretty damn near perfect as well.

OP
MyBluC4

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Would like to add two additional considerations to the list: West Course at Westchester Country Club (Buick, Barklay's, and many more) and the fabled West Course at Winged Foot (host to a number of PGA's and US Open's).

Chas

Dec 10, 2005
Sunny Southern California
Country
United States United States
Great question - ill comment on the courses ive played.

Bethpage Black - i live around the corner from and have had the opportunity to play both for fun and in tournament play (insanely hard). To me, it has 17 great phenomenal out of this world hard long and fair holes, and 1 aweful hole - the 18th is terrible, 3 iron off the tee 9/pw to the green. are you kidding me?!?!? IMO the should make the 18th on the red the final hole for the open... and with that said its 3rd on my fav courses played list

Quaker Ridge has no weak holes - you have a potential winner here.

Pine Valley - ive played about a dozen rounds there, half before the renovations and half after. the changes they made bring driver into play more often - other than that, its my #1 perfect 18. its a course that the first time i played i could remember each hole, pin location, everything about the round.

never played sandhills -

Seminole CC - is my #2 course. everyhole is awesome on par with pinevalley in every way. just switch out pine trees for palm trees.

Hudson National in croton on hudson ny is right up there though i can argue its sub par driving range, and 1 short hole that isnt the best on the front side but great nevertheless.

honorable mentions -
macarthur golf club - hobe sound fl
oldfield gc - okatie, sc

I grew up not far from Pine Valley, over in Pa. The photos I have seen of Pine Valley, that course doesn't look very user friendly. In any event, Pine Valley is consistently voted as the nations top course. It must be an experience.

Marie Nieves

Dec 23, 2016
Country
Australia Australia
Nothern Bay is great, but hell even for myself it's a bit of a cruise.

Hi guys!

I'm pretty much new here, just wanted to say hi and to ask for your recommendations. I've played in Sydney - at Long Reef Golf Club, and they have something called Women’s Golf programme. Can you recommend me anything similar to this in Great Lakes region? Something suitable to short girls? :)

Thanks in advance!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.