• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Man this bites, my Uncle's funeral is today, and it's my birthday too, I just can't wait for this year to be over.
Always tough to have a funeral close to holiday time. If we could choose when.... Keep your chin up! Tomorrow will be brighter!! Ya got some friends, here, who will be thinkin' of you!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Sorry for your loss, I hope you still have a Happy Birthday in other ways.

It's been a bad year for a lot of us, Splunge. Don't feel alone, and if it ever feels overwhelming, PM me.
Our 2014 seemed to go along without too many speedbumps. 2015, isn't shaping up quite as well. Son deploying in the next two weeks. Can't tell us where or for how long. Hinted that there is currently no U.S. Military prescence at this location and this will be a mission where, if it becomes public knowledge they were there the mission has failed and the news will be bad. Daughter having foot surgery in January. Wife's bulging discs in her neck getting worse and will probably need to do more than just treat the pain. Grandaughter just turned 18 and has severe learning disabilty. She wants to be an adult, but has the mental capabilities of about a 12 or 13 year old. The wires just aren't connected to the correct terminals. Cannot understand why she can't live alone, yet can't be trusted to know when to turn off a stove, etc. And, I had an eye appointment last Friday and will need a catarac sliced off soon.
Bring it on, 2015!! Gonna kick your butt!!!

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Keep your chin up, it's always darkest before the dawn. We're all here for you!
Yeah it's been a real shitty year between my parents divorce, my moms Achilles tear, and now my uncle. Thanks for all the support guys, I know y'all are here for me, and that means a lot, but now it's time to say a prayer, and cook these beautiful steaks!
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1419892864.881556.jpg
my mom also made this apple pie,
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1419892951.195285.jpg

Man I can wait to sit down tonite, both my parents are in the same room, it must be a friggin miracle.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
2014 has been a good year, became a son ritcher - which is awesome!! luckily his older sister also like him.....hahaha

but the end of 2014 has been testing, also lost an Uncle - he was like an older brother to my wife more than an uncle.....feel your pain splunge!!:oops:

reading all the posts of support - something special that I have never seen on a Forum before!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
2014 has been a good year, became a son ritcher - which is awesome!! luckily his older sister also like him.....hahaha

but the end of 2014 has been testing, also lost an Uncle - he was like an older brother to my wife more than an uncle.....feel your pain splunge!!:oops:

reading all the posts of support - something special that I have never seen on a Forum before!!
ShotTalk is NOT just "a Forum"... it's family!! That's why I'm sorta looking forward to a U.S. get-together in April. And... sorta not. If we meet some of these turkeys/douches/dirt bags/has beens/wannabes... did I cover everyone... in person we might not like each other anymore!!!! :D

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country

That's because Shot Talk has members who have truly become like family without ever meeting. We carry on like family, and we support like family.

Except for AZGreg...he's a dick. :D

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
ShotTalk is NOT just "a Forum"... it's family!! That's why I'm sorta looking forward to a U.S. get-together in April. And... sorta not. If we meet some of these turkeys/douches/dirt bags/has beens/wannabes... did I cover everyone... in person we might not like each other anymore!!!! :D

luckily or unluckily I won't be able to attend the US get-together in April - so myabe or maybe not you guys will still like me (or hate me seeing it is summer and we're golfing.....:D

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country

I better get looking into this...

Yikes that's coming up quick!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country

Glad to hear the new addition is getting along well and I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle, losing family is...well...it just sucks. We're all hear for you too, even if you're playing golf right now and rubbing our faces in it.

You're not kidding, I love ShotTalk. It really is like a family, which is kinda weird. But cool weird. :D
I'm really forward to this golf trip, gonna be a great few days! Hope the golf doesn't get in the way of a great time!

That's because Shot Talk has members who have truly become like family without ever meeting. We carry on like family, and we support like family.

Except for AZGreg...he's a dick. :D

Greg's a poser, he plays a hardass on TV and can't get out of character.

I better get looking into this...

Yikes that's coming up quick!

Any help I can be, just let me know, its basically in my backyard.

🔥 Latest posts