• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
Had left knee TKR in August 2009. Never have felt better! Shouldn't have put it off as long as I did. Doc said not to swing a golf club for 5 months. I played my first round 6 weeks after surgery. Don't do that!!!!

Operated on in '81 for a stone. Passed a passel of 'em since. Last one in '04 was busted up by the lithotripsy machine. Piece of cake. You'll do okay!!
Thanks Limp. I'm having a partial KR. Medial side only. Doc says golfing in 6 weeks!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Thanks Limp. I'm having a partial KR. Medial side only. Doc says golfing in 6 weeks!
Had it been a total replacement, I coulda handled that for you. All you need is a skill saw, 1/2" drill, and some epoxy. A couple sawcuts and the old one hits the trash can. Drill a 1/2" hole down the center of the thigh bone and shin bone. Epoxy the new joint in place. Wrap it with duct tape for a couple days. Lots cheaper than them thar horsepitals. :)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
One of those days, here, that you don't want to happen often.
8:00 a.m.: Appointment with ENT doctor about a growth inside my nose. He doesn't think it's anything to worry about but wants to cut a piece of it off and send in for biopsy. Ask him if I'll need bandaged up. He said no, but could have some bleeding throughout the day. Told him I had a speaking engagement at 2 p.m. Said to come back after that and he'd do the biopsy.
9:00 a.m.: To the audiologist to get some filters for my hearing aids.
10:00 a.m.: To the dentist to have temporary crown pulled off and permanent crown installed.
2:00 p.m.: Keynote speaker at a graduation ceremony for a local technical school
3:30 p.m.: Back to the ENT doc. Stuck a needle up inside my nose to deaden it. Cut some of the growth off for biopsy. Deadening is just now wearing off and feel like I've been punched in the nose.

The Good Lord has blessed my wife and I with excellent health. Just seems like the little things happen on a more regular basis. And, working out of town, try to schedule all I can in one day.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Glark's wife has knee issues too, for some reason.
dunno.gif
That's my fault.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Just scheduled my knee replacement surgery for 21 November and then to my urologist to search for the cause of the blood in my urine. Turns out I have 2 kidney stones in the left side. 5mm and 12mm. They are not obstructing anything now, so we scheduled lithotripsy for September. Papal is a geezer!

Left knee, right knee, or weeknee?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
The doc gave me a 2 day dose of antibiotics after the camera-up-my-Johnson procedure to prevent infection. I was warned that it might cause my urine to be a shade of blue or green. HOLY SHIT! Now I know what smurf-piss looks like!

600full-the-smurfs-artwork.jpg

Don't go to a public urinal in a gun happy state. Someone may pronounce you an alien and put a cap in yo a$$. [emoji89]

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin