• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Hey, I took 2!

And, I still don't have 1.

I feel so...left out...*sniff*...I think I need a day off from work to deal with my feelings.
You think YOUR feelings are hurt!!!! I didn't even get one sent my way for the postman, neighborhood gangbanger, or old lady next door to steal. Why? All because some of the stupids on Shot Talk got real lucky picking players who, themselves, hit a few lucky shots/putts and won over my educated/experienced/mind-boggling better picks in the Majors for 2016! Buncha connivin' imbeciles!!!! I hate you all and hope you get so drunk on the beer bottles you open you have headaches for days/weeks/months!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Don't give into his tantrum. #participationaward
cry.jpg

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I love Seattle, fantastic city to visit...not so sure about living there. It rained 1 day for us but it was a light misty annoying type. And be honest how often can you actually see Mt Ranier? Never did get a good picture myself of it as it was always shrouded in fog and mist.
I live in Portland, Oregon. The mountain in the background is Mt. Hood and I can see it pretty much every day from almost anywhere in the area. On a really clear day I can see Mt. Ranier from certain places in the city, along with Mt. St. Hellens and even Mt. Adams.

Come on now, this freakin pic isn't even from Washington State.
Multnomah Falls is on the Oregon side of the Columbia River, about 30 miles from my house.

Punk af!
super.gif

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I live in Portland, Oregon. The mountain in the background is Mt. Hood and I can see it pretty much every day from almost anywhere in the area. On a really clear day I can see Mt. Ranier from certain places in the city, along with Mt. St. Hellens and even Mt. Adams.

Multnomah Falls is on the Oregon side of the Columbia River, about 30 miles from my house.

Punk af!
super.gif
I coulda sworn you were in Seattle? We were at the falls a couple yrs ago, really lovely part of the country.. Stopped to get gas and I was pretty sure it was Mt Hood that the city we were in was almost at the base of. Stopped to get gas and was surprised Oregon requires attendants to fill your car, and we asked the guy what mountain it was. he turned around to look at it & said "I don't know". We were blown away, this guy works at the station so obviously lives somewhere nearby & had clue what the name of Mt Hood was!

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I coulda sworn you were in Seattle? We were at the falls a couple yrs ago, really lovely part of the country.. Stopped to get gas and I was pretty sure it was Mt Hood that the city we were in was almost at the base of. Stopped to get gas and was surprised Oregon requires attendants to fill your car, and we asked the guy what mountain it was. he turned around to look at it & said "I don't know". We were blown away, this guy works at the station so obviously lives somewhere nearby & had clue what the name of Mt Hood was!
I think (actually I HOPE) he was f'n with you.
lol.gif

Then again.... gas attendant.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country

Too much weed will do that to you.............

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Not a good week/year! We had one of the largest high school graduating classes in 1964. There were 20 of us. Got the word that another had passed last Sunday. That is 3 we've lost this year, with a 4th not expected to make it to 2017. All four of these this year were cancer. The one lady had fought breast cancer for a number of years. The three guys... one liver cancer, one bone cancer, and one lung cancer. Up until this year, we had lost only two and that was some time ago. Both of them had severe alcohol issues and drank themselves to death.

Then, just rec'd a call that the guy who has headed our division since I started with this firm 15 years ago... and is 10 years younger than I... was rushed to the ER this morning. He hadn't been feeling well, so went to his GP. The doc sent him for an MRI. Upon seeing the MRI, they sent him directly to the ER and called in a neurosurgeon. No one has heard anything more, but just that is pretty dire news.

I have told the firm that early to mid-February is it for me. After this past couple of days, I may just chuck it in sooner. As they say, getting old may be tough, but the alternative.........

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Not a good week/year! We had one of the largest high school graduating classes in 1964. There were 20 of us. Got the word that another had passed last Sunday. That is 3 we've lost this year, with a 4th not expected to make it to 2017. All four of these this year were cancer. The one lady had fought breast cancer for a number of years. The three guys... one liver cancer, one bone cancer, and one lung cancer. Up until this year, we had lost only two and that was some time ago. Both of them had severe alcohol issues and drank themselves to death.

Then, just rec'd a call that the guy who has headed our division since I started with this firm 15 years ago... and is 10 years younger than I... was rushed to the ER this morning. He hadn't been feeling well, so went to his GP. The doc sent him for an MRI. Upon seeing the MRI, they sent him directly to the ER and called in a neurosurgeon. No one has heard anything more, but just that is pretty dire news.

I have told the firm that early to mid-February is it for me. After this past couple of days, I may just chuck it in sooner. As they say, getting old may be tough, but the alternative.........
I'm sorry to hear that Limp.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
N

I will take the part of your post that is good news & comment on it......congrats!!! I am counting the years until my reitrement which if everything goes as planned I hope to pull off in 8 yrs at the age of 62. Will happily take the reduced benefits and get the hell out.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004

This thing called life, eh? Just make sure to enjoy it while you can as none of us are getting out of this thing alive!

Members online