• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Not sure I trust the fitbit deal, I have been using an app on my phone to track steps and a buddy at work has the Fitbit, I will be all over the place and running my ass off while he isn't moving that much and everyday his total is damn near twice what mine is. For the week I have just over 16 miles and he is almost double that...bull$hit.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Springs vacation to Miami and then a week in Barbados is booked and paid for and has been for sometime now, but i'm always looking forward and planning the next as thats what gives me the will power to continue with work.

Planning on a week+ in Capetown South Africa in late Oct/early Nov. You would think that would satisfy me but nope, already planning on a vacation for the end of feb/early march of 2018. Looking at flying into Helsinki Finland for 5 days or so, will take a Ferry trip for a day to Tallinn Estonia and then if all goes as planned a 3 hr high speed rail trip for an overnight stay in St Petersburg Russia, need to get a tourist visa ahead of time and started looking into that last night and seems easy enough. From there we head to Lapland Finland for 3-4 days to see the Northern Lights as well as the supposed official home of Santa, its situated right on the arctic circle which is on my bucket list and they have shit like reindeer sleigh rides which would be cool.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
My plan is to make the place large enough for people to visit but small enough where they won't stay.
A couple of our kids will come over for the day & they end up spending 2-3-4 days.....frickin leave already. So what does the wife do, she is tired of one of them crashing out on the couch so she gets a sleeper sofa even though we have a spare bedroom with furniture that we never use.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well, think I just got banned from another political discussion board. So glad Shot Talk has never allowed political talk here. Was a fairly active board with a number of folks who tossed their opinions into the discussion re our President, President-elect, Congress, etc. Certainly some passionate opinionating from both sides of the political spectrum. A few weeks ago, a person from Wales joined the discussion. For the entire time, all he could do was tell how evil the U.S. is and how we all deserved to lose our jobs and how he hoped the Country would fall to the same fate as the old USSR. He would not ever discuss the specific thread's topic, just toss our barbs against the U.S.
I finally had it!!! Let him have it with both barrels. Evidently the moderator thought my defense of the U.S. was out of line while this idiot's denigrating was perfectly fine. Good riddance!!!

Blood pressure is probably about to brain blowing numbers right now. Really could not have afforded the cost of the trip I threatened to take to kick his ever-lovin' butt anyway........ Don't mess with us 70 year old geezers.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Well, think I just got banned from another political discussion board. So glad Shot Talk has never allowed political talk here. Was a fairly active board with a number of folks who tossed their opinions into the discussion re our President, President-elect, Congress, etc. Certainly some passionate opinionating from both sides of the political spectrum. A few weeks ago, a person from Wales joined the discussion. For the entire time, all he could do was tell how evil the U.S. is and how we all deserved to lose our jobs and how he hoped the Country would fall to the same fate as the old USSR. He would not ever discuss the specific thread's topic, just toss our barbs against the U.S.
I finally had it!!! Let him have it with both barrels. Evidently the moderator thought my defense of the U.S. was out of line while this idiot's denigrating was perfectly fine. Good riddance!!!

Blood pressure is probably about to brain blowing numbers right now. Really could not have afforded the cost of the trip I threatened to take to kick his ever-lovin' butt anyway........ Don't mess with us 70 year old geezers.

We have a couple snowflakes at work & one of them is going behind peoples backs and trying to stab them via HR if he perceives any tiny possible slight even if not aimed at him. mad at the world because of whom got elected, get over it you fukkin twit.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
walmart.jpg

🔥 Latest posts