• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Well, think I just got banned from another political discussion board. So glad Shot Talk has never allowed political talk here.
Let's keep this in mind, guys.

Also, Using the term "snowflake" is technically an insult so let's not go there... I know, irony, but name calling is the lowest form of disagreement so let's be better than that.
-TEA

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country

Also, Using the term "snowflake" is technically an insult so let's not go there... I know, irony, but name calling is the lowest form of disagreement so let's be better than that.
-TEA
And, I apologize for starting what morphed into a political topic. Didn't mean to do that. Nothing in my post said anything about one side of the aisle or the other. Was simply mentioning how some who have no business denigrating OUR Country do... and I got tired of it. How that turned into "snowflakes", etc. is why we don't have a politics forum. Again, I apologize!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Just don't stop moving and sit all day. Sure way to find yourself on the wrong side of the grass.
Ain't no way!!!! That's one of the things that has kept me working. Too many retire, sit down, and they are gone. I will play golf as many days as the body will take it. The dog will wear me out taking her for walks. Then, there is that idiotic grass that seems to need mowed in the summer. Also, have been asked to do some substitute teaching at a local trade school. I'm out of breath just thinking about how much work retirement will be!!!!!

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
And, I apologize for starting what morphed into a political topic. Didn't mean to do that. Nothing in my post said anything about one side of the aisle or the other. Was simply mentioning how some who have no business denigrating OUR Country do... and I got tired of it. How that turned into "snowflakes", etc. is why we don't have a politics forum. Again, I apologize!!!!

Its random thoughts thread. It is "Random" how that happened.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I give Millennials a hard time at work, but I really try to understand them. It enables me to be a better mentor and peer to them. I have found they are difficult to coach due to their difficulty in coping with criticism. I try to deliver it as softly as I can while still getting my point across.

When I meet with clients, it is amazing how the discussion always turns to Millennials in the workforce at some point. I fear there is a serious human capital deficit in this country that is only going to get worse. Businesses are already doing more with less and have been for quite some time. How are we going to find the time to provide all of the mentoring and coaching these folks need?

My younger step daughter is 34 and I was hoping she would outgrow the ridiculous sense of entitlement she has had for quite sometime now. I fully credit her college with totally screwing with her head as its uber liberal. She will get mad about an election result and will refuse to talk to my wife or I for months afterwards.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country

-TEA
We can't go political, but we can call each other dumb-fukk-blistered-dick-shit-eating-douche nozzles. This forum is freaking AWESOME!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
We can't go political, but we can call each other dumb-fukk-blistered-dick-shit-eating-douche nozzles. This forum is freaking AWESOME!
Family, religion, and politics... Those three topics cause more heartache and tears than debilitating disease, natural disasters, and people on golf forums referring to each other in terms that would generate a bar brawl anywhere else!!!! There just ain't no place like Shot Talk!!!!

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Yep.

Dick.

1156.gif

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country

-TEA

lol, really? We can't use the term snowflake?

Could we get a list of banned terms? Because as PapaD pointed out, and you agreed, it's not really about name calling.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.