• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
geezer3.jpg
geezer3.jpg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Found a great website.

The Dialectizer

Take a statement like Limp's from earlier and post it in the dialecter and select a dialect.

Ain't no way!!!! That's one of the things that has kept me working. Too many retire, sit down, and they are gone. I will play golf as many days as the body will take it. The dog will wear me out taking her for walks. Then, there is that idiotic grass that seems to need mowed in the summer. Also, have been asked to do some substitute teaching at a local trade school. I'm out of breath just thinking about how much work retirement will be!!!!!

I Picked Elmer Fudd and got this back.

Ain't no way!!!! Dat's one of the things that has kept me wowking. Too many wetiwe, sit down, and they awe gone. I wiww pway gowf as many days as the body wiww take it. De dog wiww weaw me out taking hew fow wawks. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit! Den, thewe is that idiotic gwass that seems to need mowed in the summew. Awso, have been asked to do some substitute teaching at a wocaw twade schoow. I'm out of bweaf just thinking about how much wowk wetiwement wiww be!!!!!

:p

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Found a great website.

The Dialectizer

Take a statement like Limp's from earlier and post it in the dialecter and select a dialect.

Ain't no way!!!! That's one of the things that has kept me working. Too many retire, sit down, and they are gone. I will play golf as many days as the body will take it. The dog will wear me out taking her for walks. Then, there is that idiotic grass that seems to need mowed in the summer. Also, have been asked to do some substitute teaching at a local trade school. I'm out of breath just thinking about how much work retirement will be!!!!!

I Picked Elmer Fudd and got this back.

Ain't no way!!!! Dat's one of the things that has kept me wowking. Too many wetiwe, sit down, and they awe gone. I wiww pway gowf as many days as the body wiww take it. De dog wiww weaw me out taking hew fow wawks. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit! Den, thewe is that idiotic gwass that seems to need mowed in the summew. Awso, have been asked to do some substitute teaching at a wocaw twade schoow. I'm out of bweaf just thinking about how much wowk wetiwement wiww be!!!!!

:p
Love it!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Counting the days!!!! Replacement on site yesterday. Will be back today and tomorrow. Sounds like I may need to make one more trip for two days, but that's it!!!!!! Wife's last day is tomorrow, Friday. She's asking me to post that we will now be poor, old, elderly, retired people on fixed income. Will have trouble finding pocket change for food, rent, utilities. We'll soon be buying a cheeseburger off the $1.00 menu, cutting it into 4 pieces. We each will have one quarter for lunch and the other quarter for supper. We began fattening up the dog a few months ago. Got her to 73 pounds. Labrador flank steaks may look pretty good in a few months. As long as my golf club membership is paid each year, shed rental for the golf cart, electricity and trail fees for the cart.... that's the important priorities... unless I do find a good deal on new/different clubs along the way. Any donations or offers of assistance appreciated. :D:D

The kids say that when we get to the point of needing extended care, they will be glad to help out. We've also been warned that the first time one of us hits them with our cane, our dentures get washed out in the toilet!!!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Counting the days!!!! Replacement on site yesterday. Will be back today and tomorrow. Sounds like I may need to make one more trip for two days, but that's it!!!!!! Wife's last day is tomorrow, Friday. She's asking me to post that we will now be poor, old, elderly, retired people on fixed income. Will have trouble finding pocket change for food, rent, utilities. We'll soon be buying a cheeseburger off the $1.00 menu, cutting it into 4 pieces. We each will have one quarter for lunch and the other quarter for supper. We began fattening up the dog a few months ago. Got her to 73 pounds. Labrador flank steaks may look pretty good in a few months. As long as my golf club membership is paid each year, shed rental for the golf cart, electricity and trail fees for the cart.... that's the important priorities... unless I do find a good deal on new/different clubs along the way. Any donations or offers of assistance appreciated. :D:D

The kids say that when we get to the point of needing extended care, they will be glad to help out. We've also been warned that the first time one of us hits them with our cane, our dentures get washed out in the toilet!!!
Congrats Limp, enjoy it!

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country

SWMBO and I hit the early bird specials almost daily Limp. We actually have found it's cheaper (in FL) to eat out than to cook at home if you shop around. Skip lunch - eat supper before 5PM and you eat cheap!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
So, which one of the Shot Talk groupies is that guy? I knew we had some clowns on here. Just didn't know they were toothless clowns... and Spanish speaking clowns!

As funny as that guy thought he was and as funny as the host thought he was, sorta wish someone would close-caption the actual translation to English. Might find he was giving a lesson on oral hygiene. :D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
1970 was working in a Goodyear tire store. Goodyear had the account for the State Highway Patrol tires. Got to know a rookie patrolman as he would stop in for tire repairs, changes, front end alignment, etc. Left there a year so later and never saw the patrolman again.
Today is my wife's last day at her work. I drove in from South Dakota and stopped by her practice to let her know I was in town. She said, "I want you to meet someone." Well, the patrolman... long since retired from over 40 years in law enforcement... and his wife were in the office. They had got to talking and she remembered his name. When I heard his name, I immediately knew him. He even remembered me. Of course, neither would have recognized the other on the street. The still live in the small town where we had met almost 50 years ago. His wife finally got tired of us talking about "back then" after 45 minutes or so. We're invited over to their house for coffee, whenever we can find time in our retirement to do so!!!!

Drove 300 miles in dense fog to just fog. Never saw sunshine during the entire drive. My eyes were bugging out and all I wanted to do was get to the house and relax. My day was full of 'sunshine' after spending time chatting with an OLD friend. Now, the office is having a retirement party for the wife tonight. No rest for us old timers!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.