• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Someone today was telling me about the Shanghai tunnels. Interesting.
Yeah, crazy shit. Oregon was actually founded as a "whites only" state so there's some bizarre history.

If you do come up, I suggest waiting until at least May. June would be ideal.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Supposed to get to 72 degrees here today. We've got 8 guys playing. Lots of "opportunity" to fill the pockets with quarters. Woke up at 4 a.m. with nose running and head full of snot. Took antihistamine. So far, hasn't taken effect. If I'm left sitting at home while the guys are all playing on a PERFECT day..... This stinks!!!!!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Supposed to get to 72 degrees here today. We've got 8 guys playing. Lots of "opportunity" to fill the pockets with quarters. Woke up at 4 a.m. with nose running and head full of snot. Took antihistamine. So far, hasn't taken effect. If I'm left sitting at home while the guys are all playing on a PERFECT day..... This stinks!!!!!

You could be at work, with me. :)

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
If I didn't play when I had a head full of snot, I'd never play. Man up Limp. Go take their money!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Took a 24-hour allergy pill. Lasted about 24 minutes!!! Nose running. Sneezing. When my handkerchief was full, I started using my golf towel. 38 on the front. Dead tired by the back from blowing my nose. Eyes glazed over with allergy film. 45 on the back.

We had 8 this morning. Broke into 2 fours. Played 4 vs. 4, straight skins. When the scorecards from each group were run through.... TIE!!! No blood! Guys were going to go get lunch. I came home and am about ready to drink a cup of hot tea and hit the sack. No play tomorrow. Dentist appointment. Give me a chance to get the body back together. Tee times for the following 7 days.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
IMG_20170215_103843913_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170215_103853935.jpg
IMG_20170215_103903360_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170215_103915970.jpg
IMG_20170215_103940583_HDR.jpg

I was in the Nissan dealer getting a recall fixed (new software for the VST) and was looking at this. New 2017 Z270, 330 hp, 6-speed. Sticker said $31,000. Dealer said you could get it for $28,000. Man, if I were young again....

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
View attachment 28722 View attachment 28723 View attachment 28724 View attachment 28725 View attachment 28726

I was in the Nissan dealer getting a recall fixed (new software for the VST) and was looking at this. New 2017 Z270, 330 hp, 6-speed. Sticker said $31,000. Dealer said you could get it for $28,000. Man, if I were young again....
Never had a hankerin' for the sports care two-seaters. Could never understand why someone would buy one when for the same bucks they could drive a truck. But... that's us "farmers" in the Midwest!!!
Worked with a fella once who had a couple of the 240Z models. He loved them.

Speaking of Nissan, have read some reviews on their 1/2 ton pickups equipped with the Cummins diesels. The combo is new this year. Owners are having trouble getting 6 and 8 mpg with them. That's bad. And, the grill looks like a remodeled Edsel.

We have a large Nissan dealer here in town. Lots of loyal customers. Those who drive them seem to really love them.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Never had a hankerin' for the sports care two-seaters. Could never understand why someone would buy one when for the same bucks they could drive a truck. But... that's us "farmers" in the Midwest!!!
Worked with a fella once who had a couple of the 240Z models. He loved them.

Speaking of Nissan, have read some reviews on their 1/2 ton pickups equipped with the Cummins diesels. The combo is new this year. Owners are having trouble getting 6 and 8 mpg with them. That's bad. And, the grill looks like a remodeled Edsel.

We have a large Nissan dealer here in town. Lots of loyal customers. Those who drive them seem to really love them.
You might be able to get a mid-size truck for 28k...Most full size trucks start at least 33k that I know of...and that's a 2wd version..which, in my experience, are about as good as that Nissan in the snow.

Just built one of those Titan's with the cummins on the website...only about $1500 shy of $60k for a half ton truck(not the high end package either)? That seems a bit steep. I could have probably gotten it over 70k had I added all the available options.

🔥 Latest posts