• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
We have a new golf pro/manager since the first of the year. Been so refreshing. He isn't a PGA Pro, yet. Part of his contract is some financial assistance towards him getting his certification. The Srixon rep talked him into being on their staff. His new bag of clubs arrived last week.
Sunday was the first he's played in over 3 weeks. New clubs he'd never hit before. 37/33 = 70. Two under from the back tees the first time out with the clubs. He's a good stick. Has been a member of our club for a while and won the club championship the past two years. Still a pretty good accomplishment, in my mind, to shoot 2 under with a bag of sticks you've never played before.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
The past 15 years have spent over 2,000 nights in hotels. Platinum member status with both Wyndam and Choice hotel groups. Last night wife and I experienced probably the worst hotel experience I've had.
Checked in early. Left to go visit her aging uncle and aunt. From there went to supper. Back to hotel to settle in for the night. Television pixelated so bad was unwatchable. Wi-Fi would not work. Went down to front desk. We had a suite, so the desk staff asked if we would move to another suite. Yes! Moved to one closer to the office. Television and Wi-Fi worked. But... lavatory faucet would only drip. I pulled the aerator/screen off myself. Had to clean out the screen to get water flowing. Toilet seat loose and would slip clear off the toilet base. Handle gone off side of recliner so you couldn't use the foot rest. Not wanting to move to yet another room... and assuming all were in poor condition... decided to stay where we were for the night.
Went down to breakfast this morning. Waffle maker would not work. Wife said she would eat some toast and butter. No plastic knives to butter toast. Desk staff said to use a fork or spoon handle. After they had been handled by hotel staff???
Home around 2 p.m. this afternoon. Sent Wyndam an immediate e-mail asking that our points be restored. (Had plenty of points for a free night and had used them for this reservation.) Immediate response from Wyndam saying the specific hotel chain would need to handle the complaint and would be in touch. A few minutes later received an e-mail from the chain saying the particular property management would have to handle the complaint. So... getting the runaround. If I don't have resolution sometime tomorrow, will go back to Wyndam and tell them no more staying at their chains.
Sheesh.... Could have had a better experience in a pay-by-the-hour hotel!!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online