• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Glad to see I've been missed!!! You sappy fvcks.

I've been at the lease deer hunting since I got back from Vegas. Cool place...but my real home is in the woods with wind chills below zero.

My man cave is the basement...the whole basement....cept where the wife does laundry. Computer, archery range, weights, Games, darts, guns, etc...not something I take pictures of though...it's literally an unfinished basement with all my shit everywhere.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country

I've been at the lease deer hunting since I got back from Vegas. Cool place...but my real home is in the woods with wind chills below zero.

My man cave is the basement...the whole basement....cept where the wife does laundry. Computer, archery range, weights, Games, darts, guns, etc...not something I take pictures of though...it's literally an unfinished basement with all my shit everywhere.
Who are you?

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country

How is your season going? I'm having one of the best seasons that I've ever had and I haven't loosed an arrow. I saw the biggest buck that I've ever seen on the hoof. I thought I was going to get a shot, but he turned on me at about 50 yards and I haven't seen him since. He had me so shook up that I'm not sure if I could've held steady on him. Such a rush. If I manage to bag this guy, you will sh!t when you see how big he is. We're in full rut here and the deer are going nuts. Unfortunately, I only have until Thursday to hunt before gun season opens and all the trigger happy idiots come flooding into the woods.

Good luck out there.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
It hasn't been great, rut peaked for us last weekend. I spent most of the weekend in the woods and I think most of the big bucks are locked up with does at the moment. We had great activity on cam last weekend, but not much this weekend.

I had a fork and a small six around me for about an hour last night. Then a yearling doe came out and they all grunted at each other for about 10 minutes and messed around. Eventually, about 20 minute after closing, they moved off and I headed out. It was fun, I could have shot any of the three about 6 times each...but it's the lease and we want to let them grow.

I might tag a doe with the gun this coming weekend if I see one, but the little bucks get passes from me on the lease. Public land, the six would've died.

I was supposed to hunt today, but last night I decided I wanted to be home. Between being in Vegas and being at the cabin hunting, I've spent 1 night in my own bed since the 7th. Ready to be home with the kids.

Not a great season, I haven't seen many deer, but we have some really nice one on camera, so they're around.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Both very valid points. But who needs a bar in there when you can train the wife to fetch you drinks?
The wife lady agreed I could have my mancave when we buy our house. I told her I wanted this...I just got an eye roll. I take that as a "yes".
So she eye-rolled you after she allowed you to dream about having a man-cave, and you think you're going to train her to fetch you beers?

You're in for a long, hard road, kid...

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
The title on my new house just recorded, I get the keys in one hour. :cool:

Bonus: my realtor left a case of local IPAs in the fridge! :D
Awesome news mate.
Keys to a new home is always exciting.

Queball915

Jan 29, 2014
So yeah. I got botox injections in my face and head today....that was interesting. It was actually for medical reasons and not cosmetic. But damn it was weird.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.