• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The return of Tiger (Again!)

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Golfer J.B. Holmes ices his competition and enrages fans with four-minute shot

JB Holmes took over four minutes to hit his 2nd shot on the 72nd hole. After all that thought, what did he do? He friggin laid up! He was paired with Alex Noren who had to sit there tied for the lead and deal with all that.

JB Holmes is from that small notorious list of slow golfers. His shot decision making time and practice swings have always been interminable. In fact, most times the networks won’t show his full swing routine during coverage. Holmes is a repeat offender.

Ben Crane is on that list also.

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
One of the masters of "gamesmanship" was Seve. It was common for Seve to "accidently" jingle change in his pocket or to "accidently" drop a club while someone was getting ready to hit. He was called out more than once for his antics. Yet, everything was so close to that invisible line and he seemed to know just how far he could push it. Tiger, during his prime, was one that demanded complete silence while he was hitting. So many of today's weekend hackers do believe they require that same complete silence. (Boy! They wouldn't last 5 minutes in our group!!) If Holmes action was gamesmanship, he played it well. I don't believe it was.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Some commentary about the JB Holmes incident at 5:50mins.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
JB Holmes is from that small notorious list of slow golfers. His shot decision making time and practice swings have always been interminable. In fact, most times the networks won’t show his full swing routine during coverage. Holmes is a repeat offender.

Ben Crane is on that list also.
He has always been a turtle

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Tiger, during his prime, was one that demanded complete silence while he was hitting.
I thought I had read somewhere that his dad used to make a ruckus in his backswing so that he wouldn't need complete silence? If he did, it didn't work worth a shit.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
So Glad to see him back! Looking forward to watch non stop tiger coverage while he is T23. Golf is worth watching again!

🔥 Latest posts