• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Shoe Ho thread

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Okay, time to show off or talk about your golf shoe collection; especially your newbies that you bought in 2010.

I'll lead off. I'm a 'dyed in the wool' Ecco guy. Two pairs. One I've retired for use on the practice driving range & the other, my gamer which looks something like this.
3935456460-1.png

Then in 2010 I picked up some Puma golf shoes including their top model - the Puma Cell Fusion, which I'm extremely happy with (now my other gamer). Presenting the Cell Fusion Shoes [Update] | PUMA Golf
awww.thegadgetguycolumn.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_03_PUMA_Cell_Fusion_Golf_Shoes.jpg

My shoe tally = 4 pairs.

Tell us about your collection - good the bad & the ugly?

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I hear a lot about Ecco shoes but I've never had any. I've been wearing FJ's and Nike since I started playing. I hate to badmouth Accushnet, but FJ's are junk, if you ask me. You recommend Ecco, TTR?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I have 4 pairs of Eccos. Three are Flexor series (all waterproof and Gore-Tex) and the 4th pair is The GTX series in Blue Tribal pattern.

I used to wear Nike and Footjoybefore buying a pair of Eccos. I'll never change. Best golf shoes out there. The Footjoys are junk, fall apart in one year. The Nikes were nice, but since El Tigre wears them, they're bloody expensive for the Gore-Tex versions.

R35

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
I have two pairs of ECCO's, 2 pairs of Dryjoys, an older pair of Adidas that I use when it's muddy.

But all of 2010 I rocked the Footjoy Reelfits. One white/black one in all black.

If I have my druthers, I'll never have another golf shoe with laces. The Reelfits are awesome.

Sadly, Footjoy has dicontinued that line, but started up another line with the "BOA system" which is the same thing but rebranded. I hope to slip into some of those in 2011. Not that I need to. My reelfits are still going just fine after 150 rounds walking.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I've turned my attention to GEOX Shoes lately, since I use them for dress shoes and just discovered they have a golf shoe line

xxxxxd.png

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Eccos are great and Footjoys are great, if they fall apart after a year you must be walking funny.

My most comfortable are the Ecco Street Premier (a la Freddie) and I am thinking a pair of the TrueLinks ones for next springtime. The Eccos are like hen's teeth over here. Winter time the dryjoys and my other eccos come out to play.

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Wi-Fi - clear out yr PM box man, I can't reply to you.

Shoe threads rule - certainly on some forums anyway........

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
just got home from my round, wearing my Bites . almost got 50 rounds on them now, a lot of that in the muck and wet grass. one of the few shoes that fit my wide feets.

Bignose

Oct 23, 2006
The most comfortable pair of golf shoes I owned were from a company called Alias golf. I really liked the first pair I got, and was going to buy like 2 or 3 more pairs, but I think that the company has went out of business. Their website has had a note about "restructuring" on it for 10 months now or so.

So, I started looking for something similar, and stumbled upon a brand called Kikkor. These were pretty similar, and they too are comfy. I have hope that Kikkor will last at least 1 more year, since their website currently is touting their 2011 models. Kikkors don't really look much like traditional golf shoes, but I really don't care about that. They fit well and the feet aren't sore after walking 18 or more. I also have a terrible problem with some brands of shoe digging into my heel -- this is why I try a pair for a while, and if I don't have that problem with them, I try to buy several pairs as finding shoes that don't chew up my heel can be difficult and painful sometimes.

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
After walking 18 holes on Wednesday wearing the Eccos & 18 holes today wearing the Pumas, I can definitely say that the Pumas won the comparison test. Although comfortable to wear, my feet were tired after 18 holes with the Eccos. No such feeling with the Pumas today & my feet would've been fine for another 18 of walking (don't know about the rest of the body). The Pumas are one mighty shoe.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.