• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Twenty-Two Million Dollar Man

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
JORDAN SPIETH WON IT ALL in the 2014-2015 season, including $22,030,465. That's $22 million for a 22-year-old. Nice symmetry. On Friday, to no one's surprise, Spieth was named PGA Tour Player of the Year.

From PGATour.com:
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- The PGA TOUR announced Friday Jordan Spieth as the PGA TOUR Player of the Year and Jack Nicklaus Award recipient, and Daniel Berger as PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year, as voted by the TOUR's membership for the 2014-15 season.
PGA TOUR members who played in at least 15 official money events this past season were eligible to vote. The balloting process ended on October 1.
The 22-year-old Spieth became the youngest PGA TOUR Player of the Year since Tiger Woods won the award at the age of 21 in 1997.
"The PGA TOUR enjoyed a sensational season from every perspective as our young stars shone brighter than ever before, but none brighter than the PGA TOUR Player of the Year Jordan Spieth," said PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem. "He captivated us throughout a memorable year that included the FedExCup and five victories, highlighted by two major championships. And the sportsmanship he displayed in both victory and defeat was a stirring indication of the role model and ambassador he has become in a very short period of time."​
Who's Hungriest?

The season started with Rory McIlroy on top, but that changed when Spieth won the Masters and U.S. Open. Rory missed the Open Championship as Spieth narrowly missed the playoff at the Old Course, where Zach Johnson prevailed. Then Jason Day made his incredible late-season spurt that included his first major victory, the PGA Championship at Whistling Straits.

All of the above has sparked McIlroy.

"It's motivating to see what these guys [Spieth and Day] are doing," he told BBC Sport. "You want to work harder, hit more balls, and try to keep getting better."

Rory added: "It has definitely given me that sense of hunger again."

That's good for the Northern Irishman, but I can't imagine Spieth and Day easing off the accelerator, even after breakout seasons. They don't strike me as players who will lose their focus or rest on their laurels.

And there are others out there. Fowler showed more than promise with a couple of impressive wins. There's a lot of young talent and hunger on the PGA Tour, which bodes well for the coming season and this new era in golf.

Source: The Twenty-Two Million Dollar Man

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.