• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The USGA is encouraging golfers to tee it forward

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Took off work yesterday to play golf as planned. PERFECT weather, pristine course and I played unbelievably well. Probably the best round I've had in 2 years. Life is good! :)

Why is it that every time I take a break from golf, I come back playing so well? It makes no sense. My friend did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. He didn't play for 22 days and went out and shot his 1st ever bogey free round...a 67.

That is awesome !!!!!!!! Congrats to you both. I hope there is something to that taking time off from the game stuff, I haven't played a full round in so long I should shoot close to par, at least finally break 80, lol :)

HighTopFade

Sep 1, 2006
I'll tee it forward on more difficult courses with high slope ratings. I don't want to slow down the real players behind me. On flatter less difficult courses, I'll play middle tees. These courses are usually populated and the pace is slow.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I usually play the back tees. Not because I think i'm good or anything, but I want to learn the hard way. I'm not a super long hitter, but I hit it long enough that more hazards are in play for me from the back tees. Par 5's are reachable if I could learn to consistantly make good contact off the deck with FW woods. Playing back forces me to play clubs I need to get better at if I want to be on in two or at least just chipping. I play pretty fast no matter what so it's not like i'm holding people up. I just don't see any reason to play from front tees unless I lost my driver and FW woods.

Golfanatic

Feb 22, 2012
So I read an article about this and I've decided to do just that.

The next time I play, I'm going red baby! That's right, all the way up front. I don't care how many looks I get. It sounds like a load of fun! I'm going to do it on a course that is already short too, hahaha. The funny thing is, I still probably won't be able to shoot par. We'll see.
Ive been playing the long tees on a 7000 yard course and finally decided to give the shorter ones a try.

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
Why is it that every time I take a break from golf, I come back playing so well? It makes no sense. My friend did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. He didn't play for 22 days and went out and shot his 1st ever bogey free round...a 67.

Don't jinx yourself. You might have used up all your good shots in 2012 in one day :D

🔥 Latest posts