• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Venting Thread

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
I'm not a big fan of Chinese food.
154.gif

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Wife and I needed to run a number or errands, yesterday. We took her car. I dropped her off at ALDI's while I went to the library and to the golf shop. When I walked into the golf shop, the owner says "That's the first time I've seen you driving a car! You are always in your truck!" Wait just a minute! When the owner of the local golf shop know what I drive and when I change vehicles.... that may be a hint I'm spending way too much time there!!!! I didn't need reminded of how many times I've frequented his shop and left cash behind!!!! Next time, I hope he acts as if I'm a complete stranger, shopping there for the first time!!:D:D:D:D

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Temperature outside right now is 94 degrees with a heat index (feels like) 99. Record high for this date is 96. Unbelievable heat for October. Tomorrow.... predicted high of 59 degrees. And almost 40 degree difference! Yes, I'm venting! :mad:

Crazy times, Limp. It’s hard to know what a person would prefer if I had to make a choice. Probably the heat.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Would hope they use mouthwash and hand sanitizer before delivering dinner to the next customer...…...:D
That's the problem, they don't deliver shit. I ordered lunch for my wife and a co-worker today. I called 45 minutes later and the restaurant told me that Grubhub failed to assign a driver and the food was just sitting there. Assholes.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
That's the problem, they don't deliver shit. I ordered lunch for my wife and a co-worker today. I called 45 minutes later and the restaurant told me that Grubhub failed to assign a driver and the food was just sitting there. Assholes.

That’s a shitty move.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
One time I had to drive to a restaurant and wait 5 minutes for a bfast burrito. And then I didn't even have to pay a delivery fee. WTF?

In just 2 weeks we have gone from the 3rd hottest summer in recorded history to being Seattle.
"being Seattle"... lol

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
In just 2 weeks we have gone from the 3rd hottest summer in recorded history to being Seattle. It's been the wettest month in history.

Being Seattle, huh? You haven’t started eating tofu burgers have you?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Okay what is this BS about having to have the apples "crunchy" in apple pie? They say otherwise it's apple sauce. What a crock. It's not apple sauce it's cooked apples. You don't want crunchy cherries in cherry pie, crunchy rhubarb in rhubarb/custard pie, crunchy blueberries in blueberry pie or crunchy peaches in peach pie. You go online and search for the best apples to use for apple pie (which are McIntosh) and they suggest granny smith and other bitter, sour apples. Yuch. Is this a California thing? Where they have to have crunchy vegetables etc? Anyone who's had their grandmother's apple pie knows what I'm talking about here. :mad:

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Okay what is this BS about having to have the apples "crunchy" in apple pie? They say otherwise it's apple sauce. What a crock. It's not apple sauce it's cooked apples. You don't want crunchy cherries in cherry pie, crunchy rhubarb in rhubarb/custard pie, crunchy blueberries in blueberry pie or crunchy peaches in peach pie. You go online and search for the best apples to use for apple pie (which are McIntosh) and they suggest granny smith and other bitter, sour apples. Yuch. Is this a California thing? Where they have to have crunchy vegetables etc? Anyone who's had their grandmother's apple pie knows what I'm talking about here. :mad:
It's not apple pie if the apples are crunchy. It's Apple Crunch. My wife makes the best apple pie on the planet. We get fresh Macintosh from the orchards near Graves Mountain Lodge (yes, we drive there and buy them right off the tree), I peel and slice them while watching the Broncos lose, we freeze them and then she makes pie on demand. It's an art, not a science. If the apples are still crunchy after the pie is cooked, somebody fukked up.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online