• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

the world series

longiron

May 2, 2005
It doesnt happen often but whne it does man is it good. I come here to read about baseball and laugh all the way through this one. You guys are good. Goonie Goo-Goo, Still makes me piss my pants.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
"And don't be going to work and f&uck up all my jokes.

'And then he said Goonie-Goo-Goo....and then he had a GI Joe stuck up his ass......hey! hey! I'm Mr. T and I'll rip your c*ck off with my ass cheeks!'"

That show rules.

R35

VT....i assumed it was the 'We are the World' tidbit...

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Rockford35 said:
VT....i assumed it was the 'We are the World' tidbit...

You never can get enough Willie Nelson and Stevie Wonder duets.... ;)

You got no ice cream, you can't afford it, you're on the welfare, you can't aaaaaffffoooord it.... and his father's an alcoholic.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
His take on white people vs black people when it comes to horror movies is a classic scene:

"Why is it that in every horror movie, the white people just don't get it?

'Honey, there's blood dripping from the walls. That's peculiar.'

Now, black people would just tip the f*ck out the door."

R35

Gridiron

Jul 14, 2005
I'm with you Kilted Arab,
Why do they call it the world Series when only one country is envolved? I'm from Montreal we got rid of our team finally. Baseball is exciting as cricket. Please say what you want but I was only saying how I see it. It's to slow for me and I got sick every time I went to a game " I got to admit it was because it's too slow of a game that I eat to much waiting for something to happen"

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Gridiron said:
I'm with you Kilted Arab,
Why do they call it the world Series when only one country is envolved? I'm from Montreal we got rid of our team finally. Baseball is exciting as cricket. Please say what you want but I was only saying how I see it. It's to slow for me and I got sick every time I went to a game " I got to admit it was because it's too slow of a game that I eat to much waiting for something to happen"

Wow - we got rid of our team??? A little harsh...

Anyways, everyone is entitled to their opinion, so I will chime in as to why I love baseball and why it's my favorite sport. It's a thinking man's game, I really enjoy watching a catcher call a good game, or see guys like Maddux or Hernendez totally baffle hitters with fastballs in the 80's and ungodly off-speed stuff.

Sometimes I like the power game too - seeing a Clemens in his prime (although now he's a locator not a thrower) or a Johnson or a Santana just mow down hitters is great.

I enjoy watching the little things - advancing the runner, inducing a inning ending double play with runners in scoring position to keep the score tied.

I enjoy being at the ballpark - The "Big O" in Montreal was always empty and we always sat right behind the plate, or above the dugout for great views. I'm sure for a few bucks extra they would have let me go down there and call balls and strikes LOL. I like seeing moms and dads at the games with their kids (little ones, older ones) educating them about the sport and it's chess like strategy.

I take comfort in knowing that perhaps this teen is at the game having some fun with his friends and/or family instead of maybe getting into trouble somewhere.

I like to have a beer, maybe heckle the opposing pitcher, most of all I just enjoy watching the game.

I guess you can say that I am a little sad that the expos are no longer in Montreal, but now they are in a great city whose fans are helping lead them to hopefully a National League East title and a playoff berth, and for that I am happy.

Gridiron

Jul 14, 2005
Thank you VTDivot,
That was very insightfull. I always wondered why people like baseball? Even to the point were I tried to see a game in the States when I used to travel there so much.
I also feel that the Expos are in a better place now. Personally I don't think Montreal is a baseball town, and that's ok you can't like everything.

On the other hand I also think that when it comes to sports Montreal doesn't have patiences for loosing teams, We have been spoiled with great team like the Montreal Canadian in Ice Hockey and the Montreal Allouettes in the Canadian Football League. Not to say that we are great but when they kid is spoiled from the start it stay spoiled as a adult.
Montreal Canadian fans are know to boo the home team and cheer the visiting team if the are playing a better game. However, more discussion about this belongs in another thread.
Personally I find it to slow. Many sport are thinking games like hockey and Football but I would like to thank you for opening my eyes a little wide on the world of Baseball.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I think baseball is a game you either hate or love. You have to grow up playing it, practicing, having it as part of your life to appreciate what's going on on the field.

But I can see, from an outsider's point of view, that the game can be very boring (or so it seems).

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.