• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

These are for you YG, anybody ever seen them?

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
Just got these on eBay after wishing i never got rid of that set of TA1's which your avatar so lovingly reminds me of.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110028993891

They're definitely not reatil, guy says he got em from Fulton Allem, and they have Humps in em. I think i may have just gotten the deal of the century

Raw blades, not available at retail, possibly tour issue and probably forged or form forged, with Hump shafts, for under $150

Thanks Rock for the reminder that i hadn't ho'ed lately, now i had to make up for it:)

OP
N

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
whoops, wrong forum. Any mods that think its worth the effort, feel free to move this to equipment talk

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
the chrome is what makes the TA1's so great though....

i was kinda sketchy, the club shape itself didn't really look like a TA1 at first sight, but i held mine up to the monitor and it seemed to check out.

nice pickup, hit em well, its been a long time since i've gotten out to hit mine, my range deal starts friday, i prolly oughta take some ice for my hands afterwards cuz they might be stinging some....

:smilie_cl

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
lol YG, don't hit too many. It can cause bad habits once your arms get tired.

But as far as the threadstarter, nice pickup

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Raw blades - sweet, please post some better quality pics Neal when you get them, thnx

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I found these...I think the first set is "raw". The last pic is obviously Gunmetal, which is what Vijay used to use. I know this because I sought out a set after he went apeshit and won 11 that one year...

R35
5-iron588.jpg
PW back588.jpg
TA1_GM.jpg

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
Need better pics.
They look more like the ta 588 but need to see the detail.
Do they have his initials in the hosel?
If these are black oxide and not tour you have a bigger find than you know if they are in good condition.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I found these...I think the first set is "raw". The last pic is obviously Gunmetal, which is what Vijay used to use. I know this because I sought out a set after he went apeshit and won 11 that one year...

R35

Neal

Great pick-up. Make sure to post some decent pics.

Rock

I have that wedge in BeCu. It just says Tour action and P (for pitching wedge). I got it during my caddy days at Shinnecock in 1990. So that makes it 16 years old and still in great nick. Shaft needs swapped out and it needs a new grip, but every time I take it out it always gets comments.

Any recomendations for a good shaft for her?

OP
N

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
I thought they resembled TA1's more just because the 'split' in the back isn't straight like they are on the 588's, rather it's slightly curved like the TA1's. The only reason i'm so curious is the markings on the back. I've never seen Cleveland irons with that stamp, so i'm guessing they may be prototype or highly customized TA1's. All i care is they're raw(black oxide wouldn't rust that much unless they're beat to shit, right?) and they're blades, and i got em cheap. Better pics to come

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Neal

Great pick-up. Make sure to post some decent pics.

Rock

I have that wedge in BeCu. It just says Tour action and P (for pitching wedge). I got it during my caddy days at Shinnecock in 1990. So that makes it 16 years old and still in great nick. Shaft needs swapped out and it needs a new grip, but every time I take it out it always gets comments.

Any recomendations for a good shaft for her?

Send it to me, I'll put a DG S400 in her and you'll get it back sometime next spring :D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.