• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Thinking about dumping most of my gear.

bryguy

May 15, 2008
I agree with Auguster about the fellowship. That is the main reason I play. Goodness, if I had to rely on just the enjoyment of the way I play, I would have quit a long time ago. I have about 3 or 4 different groups I play golf with throughout the week, and all of em are different. I have my normal guys who are a hoot to play with, then I have a competitive group that I play with, and they really seem to cause me to step up my game when I play with them. Each group has its own unique appeal.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
WOW! Good to see you around again Eracer, how have you been?

Remember that scene in 'Empire Strikes Back,' when Luke goes into the forest on Degoba, and faces the Dark Side?

Well, I took a little journey and made it back safe.

Thanks for the welcome. Good to be back.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I started golf in early 80's...........then in mid-90's I left it because of my Harley(s). Got back into it after getting bored with "rallies and hangovers"...........LOL. I shoot the best scores when I'm not worrying about the score.............just out having a good time with my good friends. I'll never leave golf again (barring health issues).

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
My viewpoint still hasn't changed, no desire to play at all. Got rid of everything except 1 set of clubs and my cart. I played a 9 hole rd with my wife last july and nothing since. Between work, hitting the gym and just life in general I haven't had a lot of time even if I wanted to play.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
My viewpoint still hasn't changed, no desire to play at all. Got rid of everything except 1 set of clubs and my cart. I played a 9 hole rd with my wife last july and nothing since. Between work, hitting the gym and just life in general I haven't had a lot of time even if I wanted to play.

I assume that means you won't be in Janesville on Sunday then?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia

G'day Wi, even thought you're not playing, good to see you around. :)

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
So you're saying you really don't need my FT-i cluttering up your bag, then. :p

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
Hey Greg. You don't have to golf. You could always push Jerry and George's cart around the course. Great leg and back workout and still hang out with the guys.

Unrepentant 60s kid

Aug 30, 2012
You'll be sorry if you change your mind, and used golf gear doesn't have that much resale value anyway.

Better to put the clubs away in case you want them again than sell them for the price of an evening at a decent restaurant.

With the exception of a few that broke or were given away, I've got every golf club that I've played since 1959. I've never sold one.

That's 54 seasons of golf, and I've still got everything. The walls of my "man-cave" are completely circled with old golf bags, and I just can't give them up.

🔥 Latest posts