• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

This is very sad (Warning: Graphic Images Shown Inside)

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1441319083.648898.jpg

It is not politics, it is a 3 year old boy called Aylan Kurdi. He drowned along with his brother and mother attempting to escape Syria. I haven't been able to get this image out of my head all day, it is one of the saddest pictures I have ever seen. How can we stop young children like this needlessly dying? As a planet we have to unite and step up to the plate. God bless Aylan.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
This is the side of "politics" that people do not want to acknowledge or see. There is a cost in human life.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I've seen this photo all over the news services and with articles containing various agendas. The refugees are predominantly Syrian. The country is a mess. My country (Australia) recently received a request from the U.S. to assist with aerial bombing there. My government will likely accept but I hope they don't. We're already performing bombing sorties in Iraq. I can't see any decent group or faction to support in Syria. One has to only look at the footage of Gaddafi's capture (where he was being almost torn apart by the so called freedom fighters) to see that a "popular uprising" is more the stuff of fairy tales. I feel for all stakeholders here; the refugees, the countries that are trying to retain control over their borders and the citizens of those countries who may or may not want an influx of refugees impacting on their country and their way of life.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
The more I read up on the middle east the more confused I get.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
This little boy was not shot, he was not bombed, he was not gassed on the battlefield. He was on a flimsy inflatable overcrowded boat that capsized. His family were trying to escape Syria to get to Greece. How bad do things have to be that they would take that risk? Even if they managed to get to Greece they would face persecution, as Europe and the rest of the World has no clue what to do with them. This is a humanitarian crisis and everyone is either ignoring it or brushing it aside. They are not migrants, they are refugees, there is a huge difference. Its time for our politicians to become leaders.

Here is Alyan with his older brother Galip, both now dead. We should spend some time thinking about these pictures. There's plenty more of these pictures on the Internet.

Attachments

• boys-laughing-1-589x442.jpg
    boys-laughing-1-589x442.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 115

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Unfortunately the inmates have shown they have no idea how to run the asylum.

True, but neither do European or American politicians. In 20 years Europe will be predominately Muslim, and the rest will be running for their lives. In 20 years, the USA will be predominately Hispanic, and we'll all be saying Yo quiero Taco Bell!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
True, but neither do European or American politicians. In 20 years Europe will be predominately Muslim, and the rest will be running for their lives. In 20 years, the USA will be predominately Hispanic, and we'll all be saying Yo quiero Taco Bell!

A little subtlety that's probably escaped the media is that politicians no longer talk of securing peace in the Middle East. I recall that in the 70s and 80s (no matter how hopeless the situation) the politicians talked about never giving up on the mid-east peace process. Not any more. The place is beyond hope in my book.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
It is time for Middle Eastern politicians to step up and take care of a Middle Eastern problem.
So meantime Middle Eastern children needlessly drown and we shrug out shoulders? We have to think globally here. It's not a finger pointing exercise as to how it happened, it's an exercise to try and alleviate unnecessary suffering here and now to stop it happening again and again. We need to focus on this as a global problem.

I don't have any answers here by the way and I'm not trying to start a political debate, just trying to raise awareness of what's going on. There is a big media / political push on migration / free movement of peoples across Europe. We are seeing a big influx of Eastern Europeans who are moving to richer countries to live off benefits they wouldn't otherwise get. People are confusing this with refugee status, people who are in fear of their lives. That's me done here.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
With all respect, IG, just about everybody who is awake is aware of what is going on as it is crammed down our throats by the media hourly. I'm glad you appreciate that many of these people are not true refugees, but are instead parasites. What is not being pointed out, because people are afraid of being labeled racists or bigots, is that the European migration problem is almost solely coming from African and Middle Eastern Muslim populations, and that they will eventually outnumber and oppress and destroy their naive host nations. The same thing is happening here in the USA with different ethnic groups.

As to how to stop it, well, nobody was able to stop the Titantic from sinking by bailing. Maybe if they had been able to plug the leak, but that would have required leadership and sacrifice, and today's politicians are not capable of that.

🔥 Latest posts